Home
My 336 has been drilled and tapped for a scope. Just curious what you use for scope bases on your 336.

Thanks
I use Weaver bases and low Weaver quadlock rings. If I were to take a hard fall or something else go wrong with my scope I can use a knife to unscrew the rings and run my open sights.
Weaver 63B, all of my 336's, 1894's and 1895's that are scoped wear them.
Warne one piece base with Weaver low rings will get your scope lower than any setup I know about.
I like the Talley LWs.
If you go to Weavers site (or Midways) you'll see that the old Weaver Tip-Offs are lower than any ring listed.
Here's a Weaver base with a Classic V-3 mounted in Low Tip-Offs.
Makes a nice compact package for less than 200.00.
Pretty hard to best this combo on a Marlin IMO.
[Linked Image]
Cabelas Leverevolution on my 35 Remmy.
Thanks. Helps me going in the right direction.
One has a set of Talley's and the other was a one piece Weaver base with Burris low Zee rings.
I like the Weaver mounts best. By cutting off the back screw hole on the base you have room to mount a receiver sight as a back up.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
DNZ and Leupolds are my faves.
Leupold qr's with an m8 4x
Posted By: MOGC Re: What Scope Mounts Do You Use? - 11/25/12
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va
I like the Talley LWs.

+1...
1+ on the setup Mathsr uses. Every 336 I have is set up this way.
Millett sculpted bases look the best to my eyeballs.

Sherwood
I've got Weaver bases and Burris super low zee rings on mine. I don't think Burris makes the super low zee's anymore though and that's a shame. They're a helluvalot better looking than Weaver rings, much easier to get your scope on square and alot less prone to marring up the finish too.
B-Square. Cheap and sturdy, accurately cut and I use 'em with QD or weaver style rings and swap scopes around several rifles...

Be safe
Patty
Talley extra low
Originally Posted by Mathsr
I like the Weaver mounts best. By cutting off the back screw hole on the base you have room to mount a receiver sight as a back up.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I like that!!!! grin
all my marlins wear talley extra low for the 20mm and lows for the 32mm, or they wear nothing at all.
Weaver base with low weaver rings holding a Leupold Vari-x II 1-4x 20mm. The weavers work great but I'm kind of tempted by those low talleys just to give it a little more of a classy look.
Warne bases with either Warne QD or Leupold QRW rings. That way you can quickly swap to irons if needed.
Do some of you guys mind posting a pick with the Tallys . Thanks in advance
Originally Posted by bangeye
Do some of you guys mind posting a pick with the Tallys . Thanks in advance

Guide gun, Talleys, Leupold FX-II ultralight 2.5X20

[Linked Image]
Posted By: RGK Re: What Scope Mounts Do You Use? - 02/22/13
I've been using Kwik Site rings on Weaver bases...they mount very low, are solid, light and inexpensive. For a light-recoiling rifle I think they're fine.
Bob

[Linked Image]
I'm using leupold base with low leupold rings with an older recoiled 4x scope, good accuracy thus far.
Originally Posted by RGK
I've been using Kwik Site rings on Weaver bases...they mount very low, are solid, light and inexpensive. For a light-recoiling rifle I think they're fine.
Bob

[Linked Image]

Dang that's a sweet rig!
I like the Leupold rifleman base because it has an extra slot slot to allow fore and aft flexibility, otherwise the same as Weaver. I have learned to live with Weaver rings. After lots of years, I have pretty much learned how much torquing the screws rotates the scope, and usually end up spot on. I really like the X-low Z rings, had have several low Warne sets also. The regular Leupold base is too heavy and too high for my likes on the Marlin. Sculpted two piece bases would be OK. Jack
Millet builds attractive and durable mounts. Try MIDWAY Shhooting Supplies. But iron sights are effective, too. Especially up close for hunting from a tree stand.

Sherwood

[Linked Image]

Weaver 2pc base and wrap around rings.

[Linked Image]

© 24hourcampfire