Home
Posted By: johnes50 1980 Marlin 336 - What model? - 01/05/06
How do I find out what model this rifle is? The barrel is stamped 336 with no suffix on it. The buttstock and fore end is plain with no checkering. It has a pistol grip with a plastic end cap and the stock has the bullseye on it with a white spacer on the buttcap. Serial number is 2000xxxx.

Thanks
I would assume it is a 336C. Sounds like a nice rifle.
It was in an oldtimers closet for years and once all the dust was gone it looked real nice. The action is barely worn and the barrel is nice and shiney. Can't wait to try it.

Do you know how many models of 336 the produced in 1980?
I think 1980 was the last year the 336A with the 24 inch barrel was made. (I have one made in 1976, sweet, sweet rifle). I dont know if the 336T was still being made in 1980 (mine was made in 1977). Those are the only two models I know of from 1980.
Thanks TnBigBore, I'll check the barrel length tomorrow just to be sure. I'm already starting to look around for another Marlin.
Johnes50. Welcome to the campfire. A lot of good information with some very knowledgeable people here. Pull up a log and sit for a spell. There's also plenty of good reading available. Another site you would enjoy if you are into Marlins is www.marlinowners.com What other guns do you shoot?
Thanks for the welcome Cariboujack. I've checked out the marlinowners site already and looks like I'll have lots of browsing between the campfire and marlinowners.

I've got:

Marlin 336 30-30
Interarms Mark X .243
Marlin Model 56 Levermatic .22
Browning semi-auto .22 Grade I
single shot 12ga
single shot .410
© 24hourcampfire