Home
I have recently watched two episodes of the Big Valley where they used Marlin 336 rifles instead of Winchester Model 92s. Has anyone else noticed this?

Bill
no but i saw heath rockin' a 760 BDL with the basket weave stock and see-throughs.

ok, thats a lie.
Yeah, I noticed a long time ago. Watched that show every week when I was a kid. Right along with Bonanza and Gunsmoke.
The producers of "The Big Valley" (I was in love with Audra) knew that Winchester 92's would not be historically correct, so they switched to Marlin 336's.

And in the Clint Eastwood movie, "Unforgiven", one of the cowboys complains that they are short of .30/30 ammo.
Welcome to Hollywood......
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Yeah, I noticed a long time ago. Watched that show every week when I was a kid. Right along with Bonanza and Gunsmoke.

And, The High Chaparral.
Originally Posted by rem141r
no but i saw heath rockin' a 760 BDL with the basket weave stock and see-throughs.

ok, thats a lie.

Ha! Think I did see one of those in the rack of the sheriff's office in the Andy Griffith Show though. No kidding, if you stare hard and fast enough, Andy and Barn had a few cool pieces in Mayberry.
No doubt it was what the prop manager had, a lever action is a lever action! They play fast and loose with history for the most part!
© 24hourcampfire