Home
So, I went to my LGS for lunch again. And, as usual, they had a lever action they just took in on trade that interested me. It was a Revelation Auto Supply Marlin 200m. They wanted $299 bucks for it, I noticed that it had a sling attachment on the ammo tube, so I figured the one in the stock wasn't original either. Finish wasn't breathtaking, so I let it sit. Anyone have any information on them, perhaps value? They also had a nice Savage 99 Takedown in 250-3000, but for $900 bucks,I figured I'd better let that one sit for a while, too:) Thanks, Steve.
I think the Western Auto rifle is priced a little high, by about $75. If it was in good shape, maybe the $299 is justified, but the store-brand guns seldom bring full price unless it was had unique features, like some they made for K-Mart.
Geez I so miss the days when even auto parts stores sold guns, with their own branding no less....
Originally Posted by SCGunNut
Geez I so miss the days when even auto parts stores sold guns, with their own branding no less....

+1

Bought my first rifle from a large multi department store in SA, TX. Joskes (sp?) they had a pretty good sporting goods department for a store that was primarily a clothing store.
The Revelations don't command premium prices but they're Marlins through and through. As such, they make good shooters and are valued accordingly. I don't know how the market is in Iowa but, in Texas, $299 is not a bad price. I have a Revelation. It's as good as any other Marlin.

Now the Marlin store brand Glenfield Model 30 is a popular rifle in the SC configuration with a lighter barrel profile. It makes for a very handy lever rifle. I have several including one I had shortened and threaded for suppressor use with subsonics. Great little rifles!!!

T.S.
A nice 250/3000 TD may be worth close to the asking. Just how nice tells the tale.

Jack
They are super cool. The good old days before all the friggin wussies.
© 24hourcampfire