Home
For those who do not know I bought a Marlin XLR in 30-30 a while back. I hated the 24" tube on the gun so I had it cut down to 21". Now it handles like a rapier in the hands of an expert swordsman.

This is it before.

[Linked Image]

and after

[Linked Image]

Yesterday I took her out with my Browning BLR in 358.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image].

I say she did pretty well in my opinion

[Linked Image]
And another

[Linked Image]
Also as you can clearly see it is shorter than the 20" BLR

[Linked Image]
Very nice! Glad you like it.
Nice gun. Looks better with the shorter barrel.
I think so also and the balance is wonderful

I likee............

got me a chopped 45 Colt Cowboy.........
That does look nice Fotis and shoots great too! My friend has one he uses for cowboy silhouette competition (uncut) and it is an exceptional shooter like yours!

PennDog
Thanks. Just deleted the dreaded safety on it also!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaVi9pOEioE&t=1169s
Fotis,

Why is 21 inches the preferred "Chop Length" for cutting down a barrel on the fire? Maybe I just prefer even numbers.
I've always been "ODD" sir. Ask around~ laugh
What do you need a 30-30 for, you own a 358! grin
True but then again I am a lever buff.

358 BLR
30-30 Marlin XLR
45-70 Marlin Cowboy
1873 Winchester 44-40
1895 450 Marlin Guide gun
Sako Finnwolf 308 Win
Marlin 444s

I think I "need" a 256 Win Marlin?
So, basically, you built a SS 336SC, which is a good thing. I have an SC that works just dandy. Fun guns, I like that SS one, it's pretty sharp.
My 35 xlr is about to get circumcised. 20 inches or so.
Fotis, nice rifle. I like the XLR and the SBL. Years ago mid 90's I guess I had an 1895. Seems like that was before the guide gun stuff, I was near Jim West and Wild West Guns, we got a long pretty well and I had him cut down the barrel to 18.5" put on a Pachmayr Decelerator pad, action job, later on XS sights, and then I had it chrome matt finished because they weren't available in stainless back then. In Alaska you needed a better finish. I really like the pistol grip models because when you shoot those 430 grain HC Buffalo Bore bullets, it's easier to hang onto the rifle.

I think you have a home run. Barrel is a little long (IMO) but still nice, and you have others with short barrels.
Hard for me to justify buying an SBL, (which I would like) or the SBL, when I'm hear. I'm pushing 68 pretty hard and not sure I'm going to use them any more. It was more my Alaska 4 wheeler rifle.

Congratulations on a very nice rifle.
© 24hourcampfire