Home
Gentlemen - I have the opportunity to buy a clean, 1975 vintage Marlin 336T chambered for .35 Remington. It probably goes 85-90% and Is untouched by Bubba.

What do you find to be the current sale price of these rifles? I can find 336T .30-30s for sale for a price comparison, but not .35 Rems.

Thanks in advance,
Expat
I'm not sure exactly what 85-90% is, but I'd guess 450-500. Maybe a bit more in good times, or less at this particular moment.
Worth your while to register at Gunbroker so you can view the actual sale prices. A Texan and 35 Remington are both price boosters. Don't sell it for 500.
Gunbroker is high. Gunsinternational.com seems to be better. Lots of guns sit on GB for long periods of time as an indication of them being overpriced.

I do not deal with Gunbroker any longer since I was burned on an altered gun that the seller refused to accept as return. Seller said that he was disabled and needed the money. Gunbroker tells you that they have insurance against such, but they don't have a phone number to contact anyone and don't respond to emails in a timely manner. I kept getting the same request for an explanation of the issue. Then they finally offered to examine the rifle if I paid to send it to them, and they might give me up to $500 on a $1300 rifle.
Not many of these pop up making it hard to gauge value.
Try Marlinowners.com too
Top dollar would be $725.

35 R.E.M.'s sell. Texans sell!
A Texan .35Rem is high on my "Most Interesting Marlin" list.
I saw a Marlin 336RC in 30-30 today with straight grip stock and lever priced at $600. I guess they didnt stamp these 336T?
I don't believe Guns International allows you to search completed sales and asking price means nothing.

Use Gunbroker for a realistic value. You'll have to do an Advanced Search for Completed Auctions. Then, arrange the results using the pull down menu for Bid Count, high to low. This will let you know what's actually being bid on (most items down the list will have not received any bids). You'll then have to check individual auctions to see if reserves were met. Only this way can you actually see what someone's willing to pay for a gun.
700 would be a good deal
700 would be a good deal
This model is both rarely found within the marketplace and very desirable for hunting or collecting. I agree that $700. would be a fair guess at price point.

Sherwood
If it's a 20 inch barrel with strait stock, no crossbolt safety, and in .35.. well heck, where is it? I'm a Texican and I dream Texan leverguns. I've always wanted a Marlin Marauder in .35!
© 24hourcampfire