Home
Posted By: jorgeI SO I DISCOVERED A PAWN SHOP... - 07/01/21
In Gainsville Florida of all places. Unbelievable. EVERY 1911 made collection INCLUDING a Singer...but I digress.. They had this NIB Browning 71 Short barrel. I'm about an hour away. Took less than Jimmy Doolittle over Tokyo for me to fork over the plastic.. It's gorgeous and a great addition to my (real) 71..

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: EdM Re: SO I DISCOVERED A PAWN SHOP... - 07/02/21
Nice. They are put together very well. I have the same rifle though added a red dot sight as my eyes can't do opens any more. Struggled with a receiver sight as well.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Very good find, you won’t be disappointed with your purchase!
sweet rifle in a great caliber!

Nice find!
I like those - I had my .50-110 built on one.
Good shooting, Ed. I'll have to try that load.
Great find, can't wait to hear how it shoots.
Nice little tight cover banger Jorge, enjoy!
JorgeI,
After you shoot your new M71 standing and off hand, please let me know how the recoil compares with your M1895 .405 shot off hand.

For me, the M71 recoil had a more sharp feel and with noticeable more muzzle rise than my M1895 .405 with African handloads of 400 grain Woodies at 2100 fps. The owner of the range where I was shooting showed me his new M71 and insisted I shoot it (this after I just completed an off hand practice session with my 1895 .405. ) IMHO, the M71 is very handy and carries well, but it does not like me as well as does my 1895. smile
Posted By: g5m Re: SO I DISCOVERED A PAWN SHOP... - 07/05/21
Good rifle to buy!!

Did they have a price on the Singer?
How do you like the Turnbull Red Dot sight mount? I have one on a 92 Trapper and it performs well.
Will do CR. No price tags on any of his collection
Nice find. I've seen a few but have not stepped up to the plate on buying one. I have the rifle version and have only shot it once in the 17 years I've owned it.
It didn't take me long to pop it's cherry. Outstanding results even with the buckhorn barrel sights. I will install a peep sight shortly. My "real" 71 is easily a 250 yard rifle and I know this one will perform as well.
My BIL and I ran 40 rds through mine today shooting floating targets,, easy to shoot and hit with !! Using 220 Barnes Originals for plinking and Woodleigh 250's for yard work when the need arrises. I like is so much that my Big Horn Armory is headed for Gunbrokers,,,,,,
Got a Browning 71 on 348 and 348 ackley.
© 24hourcampfire