Home
Posted By: micky Win 71 deluxe sight - 10/04/10
Does anyone know what the model number of the rear aperture sight is on the mod 71? I am picking up a browning 71 this week and think the receiver mounted sight is rather ugly. I played with an deluxe this past weekend in WI and really like the bolt mounted sight.

thanks
micky
Posted By: Mak Re: Win 71 deluxe sight - 10/08/10
The bolt mounted peep sight was never offered by Browning, nor is it generally available.
Posted By: micky Re: Win 71 deluxe sight - 10/11/10
I realize it was never offered. I just prefer it to the Williams sight on the rifle currently. I think the receiver mounted sights are bulky and plain ugly. I am looking for one to so I can have a gunsmith install it.

micky
Posted By: Arctic Re: Win 71 deluxe sight - 10/11/10
Try here for a good comparable, ...closet I know of to the original. http://www.skinnersights.com/index.html
Posted By: model70man Re: Win 71 deluxe sight - 10/12/10
Browning Model 71 bolts do not have the slots machined into the top of them for the bolt mounted peep sight. Neither did all Winchester Model 71 bolts.
Posted By: Mak Re: Win 71 deluxe sight - 10/12/10
Model 70 man is correct. The bolt peep was machined to accept the bolt sight. If you can find an original bolt peep in excellent condition, it could run you more than you paid for the Browning.
If you are looking for some other receiver sight besides the Williams/Lyman, I believe Turnbull offers a mount that could be adapted for a peep.
© 24hourcampfire