Home
Gentlemen,
I need some assistance in the possible purchase of a Winchester 356. I have one that is available for purchase that comes with a Leupold Vari-x III scope on it. It can be purchased for 550.00 Is this a good idea and price? They also have one box of factory cartridges. I am thinking of offering 550 out the door with the box of cartridges thrown in. It seems that the ammunition is hard to get / pricey.

Thanks for your input.
The 356W is a great caliber and $550 is a very good price unless the gun is a disaster. I paid $800 for a Winchester BB 356 a few years ago that looked new and came in the original box. Ammo is around $50/box when you can find it. Up until recently Winchester still made seasonal runs of 356. I say buy it !
It's a great round, not sure what the ammo situation will be like, but it can be had. You may want to reload depending on how much you plan to shoot it.
$550 with a Vari-X III? Like SB said unless the gun is a disaster that's a deal!
The scope and box of ammo alone are worth at least half the price.
Correcting the post. Scope is Leupold vari-x ii 3-9

Thanks for your replies
I have 10 bones of ammo if you want more. 5 boxes of 200gr and 5 boxes of 250gr.
If rifle is in decent condition that is a great price. Winchester is going to do a run of ammo soon.
Great price and nice round to shoot, I say go for it
Thanks for all of your replies. I completed the purchase and it worked I like I thought / hoped it would. I offered $550 out the door for the Winchester 94 XTR with no safety, Leupold vari x ii 3-9 scope, mounts and a new box of factory 200 grain ammo. Also, that included tax!
You made out like a bandit. I sold one a few years ago for a lot more than that .
Good Snag!
USMC_Nav you have a PM. Cheers NC
you stole it!
Wow ! Been looking for that deal for years.
Awesome! Did very similar a few months back on a Marlin ER in 356. Hand loading really turns them up to their potential and makes them a hoot to shoot cheaply. Great deal. JMO, but 356/358 in a well balanced lever gun, is as good as it gets.
It would have cost me at least $350 more here in Montana. Good Grab!
© 24hourcampfire