Home
Posted By: WiFowler Pedersoli 86/71 - 05/19/17
Anyone have any comments on the Pedersoli 86/71?

From what I've been able to gather these MAY have had there problems, specifically with full cycling of the lever. Pedersoli was made aware of the issue and newer models MAY have had those issues corrected. Looking at one as an 'affordable' Win 71 substitute, in that 45/70 ammo is available and WAY less than any 348 Win ammo I've seen.
Posted By: JFE Re: Pedersoli 86/71 - 06/04/17
I don't have a Pedersoli but they are an interesting option. The earlier models did have some issues but the newer models appear to have had those problems resolved. What I like about them is the variety of configurations available, including versions in SS and models with factory CCH and octagonal barrels. They also have their version of a bolt mounted peep sight, similar to the optional sights on the original Win 71's.

I had been thinking of ordering one but a nice Browning 1886 came up and I ended up buying that instead. A half mag Pedersoli 86/71 in SS, fitted with a bolt mounted peep, would be pretty handy for hunting in wet and humid conditions.
Posted By: Gun_Geezer Re: Pedersoli 86/71 - 06/06/17
I hear only good things about Pederoli in general. Don't know about the 86/71.

The 348 Win is an easy round to reload. Once you ahve the dies, they are about than $12 / box.
© 24hourcampfire