Home
I just made a deal on a Browning 71. Planning on taking it Black Bear hunting next May. Planning on equipping it with a peep sight and sling.

Regarding peep sight--- Williams FP 71 ?

Sling- I was planning on a front band around mag tube or getting a nose cap made be Winchester Bob. Regarding rear, would you screw in a stud or have an inletted one installed?

Any and all suggestions wanted. Pics of your setup would be great.
Williams FP-71 would be correct. The Browning remake of the Win 71 does not have the 'slots' cut in the bolt to permit installation of the original bolt peep. Be advised that the newer Williams FP peeps are aluminum, and not quite as robust as their steel predecessors. They work, but won't take the 'abuse' of the older versions.

Can't help on the sling.
I had a Browning 71 in the past.

Never installed a peep.

For Sling mounts, I used a set of Uncle Mike's for a 20 gauge. I had to drill the stock and the front band clamped around the Mag tube.
I'll add to my previous comment, in that the newer Lyman 66A and MA, fall in the same category as the FP-71, when it comes to sturdiness. Some claim they "waive like a flag" in comparison to their steel counterparts. The 'advantage' to the Lyman model is that the peep has a quick disconnect feature, and be removed and stored out of harms way when not in use, or in transit.
© 24hourcampfire