Home
Buddy has a .444 in a Win 94 and he can't get a second round in the tube. She is a two shot....

Any ideas???
Never owned one. But that don't sound right. Take the mag apart and look for problems. Should hold 3 or 4?
He is taking it apart again this WE. We'll see...
dent in the magazine tube under the stock?
That is one of the items I told him to look for.
Winchester made 94's in .444?
Learn something new every day.
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem

Yup. 450 Marlin too.
Originally Posted by moosemike

Yup. 450 Marlin too.

yup, i got one. ornery SOB it is too. about 6 lbs with a ported 18" barrel
This thread reminded me of an article from years ago.

Anyway some writer took one Down Under, the Blackshadow model. He used it shoot a feral donkey.
Explains it better than I am able. Even has pictures.

https://www.shootersforum.com/winchester-94-lever-guns/13611-winchester-94-loading-question.html

Actually they made a couple versions of it.
The 444 Timber Carbine with 18" ported barrel, and then the 444 Black Shadow with 20" barrel and black synthetic stock.
I have both. smile
I have a Timber carbine also, they are no bigger than a Ruger 10-22! Talk about handy! I had a Marlin guide gun, but sold it in favor of the Winchester. Great guns.
[Linked Image]

BlackShadow 20" version
I have walnut stocked one with a 20" barrel and full length magazine tube. Great woods gun and easy to carry.
Tomcatt
Chub Eastman was the writer who used the 444 on the donkeys . He used the Nosler Partition bullets, he said it was extremely effective.
A select number of 444 Black Shadow BB were offered with 1-12 twist. The goal was to stabilize the heaviest projectiles that could be thrown in the 444 with great accuracy. The 444 will push 355 gr cast gas checks at 2025 fps and 405 gr gas checks at 1750 fps. Not sure if the TC was issued with such a twist rate. My 444 BS is a 1-12” came with a card in the box describing features and the twist rate of the rifle.
© 24hourcampfire