Home
Posted By: Sixpack Marlin 1895 Guide Gun - 12/04/17
I just acquired a Guide Gun in 45-70 and am enjoying it greatly...except for the straight stock. If I get a pistol grip stock and lever for pistol grip stock, is it a striaight change without any further mods? I greatly prefer the feel of the pistol grip stock and the straight stock is beating my pinky up pretty bad. Thanks
Posted By: moosemike Re: Marlin 1895 Guide Gun - 12/04/17
Originally Posted by Sixpack
I just acquired a Guide Gun in 45-70 and am enjoying it greatly...except for the straight stock. If I get a pistol grip stock and lever for pistol grip stock, is it a striaight change without any further mods? I greatly prefer the feel of the pistol grip stock and the straight stock is beating my pinky up pretty bad. Thanks

You needed the GBL not the Guide Gun.
Posted By: Sixpack Re: Marlin 1895 Guide Gun - 12/04/17
Originally Posted by moosemike
Originally Posted by Sixpack

You needed the GBL not the Guide Gun.

Well, maybe so, but this is what I have and I’m just trying to establish a parts/cost list to change it to pistol grip.
Posted By: GuideGun Re: Marlin 1895 Guide Gun - 12/04/17
You would also need to change the trigger guard plate from straight to curved as well. Which this can be done, as I did it when I had a GBL. I wanted to do exactly the opposite of what you did, I prefer English grip and had pistol grip. Found someone who wanted to swap and it was an easy swap. The parts will fit up fine, might take a little bit to smooth out as mine did.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Marlin 1895 Guide Gun - 12/04/17

Yep........I'd bet the curved lower receiver would be the hardest to locate..........

sign up at Marlin owners........may be able to swap parts there with someone.......
Posted By: toad Re: Marlin 1895 Guide Gun - 12/04/17
I bought the whole works from Gunbroker a few years ago IIRC. the big loop and pistol grip stock, but I decided that I like the straight grip though.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: molly Re: Marlin 1895 Guide Gun - 12/04/17
These guys can help.

http://www.mulemangunworks.com/pistol-grip-conversions/
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Marlin 1895 Guide Gun - 12/05/17

yea..........forgot about Jamie in LA..........

actually sold him an 1895 Marlin 450 few yrs back.........

5 star rating !!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Frontiersman Re: Marlin 1895 Guide Gun - 12/08/17
Nice rifle. I had one and let a guy I worked with talk me out of it. Always regretted that.

What you want can be done, but you would probably be better off buying another rifle and trading that one in.

As pointed out, the receiver is different between straight and curved stock.

If the guys over at Marlinowners cant point you in the right direction, it can't be done.
© 24hourcampfire