Home
Posted By: abbydog Winchester Model 71 - 12/17/17
I posted before under deer rifles.
I have an opportunity to purchase this gun in vg condition from my cousin who purchased it at a estate sale in Florida last year. The deceased guy was a big game hunter and had many rifles and mounts for sale so he picked it up.
I can buy it for $1100.
I notiiced from various pictures that it could be sacrilegious to mount a scope on this rifle.
I would buy it just to have it, I already purchased a .300WSM FOR MOOSE NEXT YEAR.

I’m thinking I should buy it and place it next to my Model 94 and Winchester 100 semi.
Posted By: tmitch Re: Winchester Model 71 - 12/17/17
If all original and in nice shape, $1100 is a good price and you won't lose money on it. Unless already done, it would be a shame to drill it for a scope and the Winchester gods would surely cast a pox on you! eek
Posted By: shawlerbrook Re: Winchester Model 71 - 12/17/17
The 71 is one of the Holy Grail guns to us levergun lovers. Like tmitch said, if in decent shape, $1100 is a very good price. Buy it and you need to show us pictures.
Posted By: Gun_Geezer Re: Winchester Model 71 - 12/17/17
Love mine. You'll want to reload if you shoot more than a box a year. PRICEY ammo! when you can find it, which is never.
Posted By: abbydog Re: Winchester Model 71 - 12/17/17
I need to contact him to bring it up in February or ship it to an FFL or himself at his mothers home.
Posted By: sharps4590 Re: Winchester Model 71 - 12/17/17
I'd jump on that and leave it alone.
Posted By: abbydog Re: Winchester Model 71 - 12/17/17
Your right, I won’t muck it up with a scope.
Posted By: abbydog Re: Winchester Model 71 - 12/23/17
Looks like my cousin will sell me the gun and bring it up from Florida in February.
Posted By: opiewancanobie Re: Winchester Model 71 - 12/24/17
I'm just guessing here, he probably wouldn't sell it to me instead. Hey, a; guy can wish, it's Christmas after all.
Posted By: abbydog Re: Winchester Model 71 - 12/25/17
Lol.

Merry Christmas,
Posted By: Anjin Re: Winchester Model 71 - 12/25/17
Keep trying!

Marry Christmas.

Norm
© 24hourcampfire