Home

That couple could defend Australia...by themselves.
Originally Posted by SheriffJoe

That couple could defend Australia...by themselves.

True!
Seriously good shooting mate!
Pretty good shooting, could you imagine a squad of mates standing their ground via volleyfire? Invading Kiwi's wouldn't have a chance wink
That's pretty impressive if you think about offhand, and that visible wind blowing.

The long range Sharps rifles and a steady rest have done some impressive shooting. I think Billy Dixon used a 45-90 or 50-90, or something very similar for his famous shots at Adobe Walls at over 1500 yards.
I'd for sure not bother with off hand attempts at that range. Looks like as good a reason as any to get out though.

Do have a Sharps, but I've not taken it that far out yet.

That is one sturdy setup they have for the spotter.
I just spent 1/2 hour looking over a sample of their YouTube videos.

I wish Mrs. Walter was as excited to shoot with me.
Thats one long flight time.
That would be impressive if he was prone, but offhand is exceptional...especially when the BC of the 325 FTX is .230 (G1).
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
That's pretty impressive if you think about offhand, and that visible wind blowing.

The long range Sharps rifles and a steady rest have done some impressive shooting. I think Billy Dixon used a 45-90 or 50-90, or something very similar for his famous shots at Adobe Walls at over 1500 yards.

50-90 IIRC.

DF
Yup. Billy Dixon had a 45-90 but he borrowed a 50-90 for the legendary shot.
Originally Posted by Mike74

Interesting.

Wonder what his reasoning was on that?

I would think the .45-90 would shoot as flat or flatter than the 50-90.

DF
Maybe he ran out of ammo for the 45-90, or didn't have the best sights on it for the distance.
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by Mike74

Interesting.

Wonder what his reasoning was on that?

I would think the .45-90 would shoot as flat or flatter than the 50-90.

DF

He wrote about it. He said he had more confidence in the big 50 for a shot of that distance.
Good video!
© 24hourcampfire