Home
Was curious if anyone knows how many Deluxe 71's were produced per year. I have a 1942 deluxe. From info I gathered the total production of both standard and deluxe 71's in 1942 was 1149. Did Winchester break the numbers down any further?
I went through my Madis book and it gave no breakdown of the number of Deluxes and Standards produced
Thanks tmitch. I suppose one could just use average of the total production of deluxe models against the standard production numbers and estimate that 110 deluxes were likely produced that year. In the grand picture not many deluxe 71's from that year.
The Winchester Collectors Assn based in Montana and Cody, Wyoming has members doing research on the Model 71. I am a member
and another member is working on research for articles and a possible book. His research includes dates of manufacture
and models for the year-along with actual rifles currently held by owners.

I have both standard and Deluxe Model 71 rifles. Prefer the Deluxe pre-war long tang versions for hunting and handling.
Yes that would be great to know,this winter I purchased a Winchester 71 deluxe that is about 97- 98 % and no its not for sale.
© 24hourcampfire