Home
Posted By: bigbuck77 Sighting options - 06/04/19
Longtime scope user never have used iron sights much except on pistols.Ive aquired a really nice 375 big bore 94 what sights besides whats on it is there to help a 60 yr old that can still see dang good.Im really intrested in shooting this gun in the woods most shots 100yds or less.
Posted By: Mike_S Re: Sighting options - 06/06/19
https://www.turnbullrestoration.com/gun/fastfire-receiver-mount-model-1894/

^^^^ Thats what you might like.^^^^
Posted By: tmitch Re: Sighting options - 06/06/19
I would say a Williams or Lyman receiver sight. You'd hafta make sure they fit the Big Bore model, I think there's a slight difference. Some folks pair them with a fiber optic front bead for better low light visibility.
Posted By: paint Re: Sighting options - 06/06/19
Williams makes an aperture sight just for the Winchester 94 Big Bore. That’s what I use. I really hate a bead front sight because of durability reasons, but I do use them on a few.

On my 375, I use the Willams rear and XS post front with the white stripe. Best there is IMO.

XS won’t sell that front sight individually, but I’ve bought enough sets of sights from them over the years that I had a few laying around.
Posted By: JFE Re: Sighting options - 06/07/19
I couldn't find one locally when I was looking for a sight for my BB375 and simply modified a Lyman 66 base to fit. The aluminum ones take a few minutes with a file to make them to fit around the wider rear wall. The hole spacing is the same as a regular 94. On the rarer AE models Williams used to make a model that fit where the rear scope mount base would fit.

If you're not going to change loads often I'd consider fitting X-S sights.
Posted By: bigbuck77 Re: Sighting options - 06/10/19
Ordered a williams,I appreciate all the advise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
© 24hourcampfire