Home
Posted By: Ltdshooter 475 Turnbull - 02/26/20

Hello all... Anyone out there have a 475 Turnbull? I've had one sitting in my vault for 8+ years and it is time to get it out and shooting. Interested in any information that someone might have on loads.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: 475 Turnbull - 02/27/20
Dang, you're a patient man, I don't have one, but that sounds like loads of fun right around the corner.
Posted By: SheriffJoe Re: 475 Turnbull - 02/27/20

Ask Whitworth1...seems to know more on the subject than most on here.
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: 475 Turnbull - 02/28/20
Originally Posted by Ltdshooter

Hello all... Anyone out there have a 475 Turnbull? I've had one sitting in my vault for 8+ years and it is time to get it out and shooting. Interested in any information that someone might have on loads.

PM Tex_N_CAL he has a Ruger No 1 he loads for that is super accurate
Posted By: EdM Re: 475 Turnbull - 02/28/20
https://www.turnbullrestoration.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/475TurnbullReloadingData_3.pdf
Posted By: Ltdshooter Re: 475 Turnbull - 02/28/20
Thank you for the link to Turnbull.

Also looking to see if anyone is shooting hard cast bullets through this beast.

I've got a friend who is very much into casting bullets. Having supplied him with as couple of nice molds, I have pretty much an unlimited supply of heavy cast projectiles!
Posted By: AH64guy Re: 475 Turnbull - 02/29/20
Having owned one for a while, if he can cast .475 bullets - he’s a true friend.

I liked mine, a Browning 71 conversion from Turnbull, and wasn’t bad to shoot.

But, trying to find jacketed or copper bullets was a challenge for about three years.

Turnbull was supposed have a run of reloading bullets made for them each year, maybe they did, but I could never find in the store, or in stock when I needed.

Mine sat idle long enough that I moved it on.
© 24hourcampfire