Home
I have just received a model 1892 20" octagon barrel with short mag tube. No saddle ring in 38-40. Can not find any information anywhere with this combination. Fjestad Blue book has Carbine and other models but not this one. Any idea what this is and possible value. Somewhere about 90%+ condition. Does not appear to have been altered. Serial shows made in late 1892 ... 20xxx
That rifle would require a factory letter to verify the configuration, the winchester collectors asso. at the buffalo bill museum in Cody,Wy. My gut feeling is it was altered years ago. Don
Thanks Don.... I received the Cody information from Stetson this morning and gave them a call. The barrel does not show signs of being cut down. First thing I checked. Looks factory or a very very good job, with all the factory stamps and dovetailed brass front sight. No tang flip up sight but has buckhorn. Also has the cresent but plate but no saddle ring. Mid lengh mag tube also. I have been told that there were a lot of special orders and this might be one. Letter will tell the story......
© 24hourcampfire