Home
Posted By: RJM Marlin 1894 LTD .41 Magnum... - 09/10/09
These were the short stainless version of the 1894P without the ports...saw one over on GunBroker last week and it ended up selling for $1250.00 which shocked me. I have seen them sell up to a grand NID but this one had been used...

Too bad Davidson's wouldn't make another run of these along with all the other calibers...

Besides RJS and I, anyone out there shoot their LTDs?

Bob
Assume you're speaking of the ones w/ the black/gray laminated stocks? I had no idea they were selling for that. Mine remains unfired, though I do intend to shoot it eventually.

Do the .41s typically command a premium over the others?
Not an LTD but a "Limited", mine is a blued .45 Colt with 16 1/4" barrel. They made 1,050 of these in 1997 only.

[Linked Image]

I definitely shoot it! Have put over 300 rounds through it since I got it a few weeks ago.
I have mine. I bought the .41 first and ended up buying the whole set (got the same ser# on all 4) my fav is the .41 and next the .45 colt. I have not even fired the .357 or the .44 mag. My .41 likes "LIL GUN" and the 210 grn Hornady xtp. I had no idea they were selling for this much. It would be a tidy profit but I aint selling. I hope they don't make more it keeps the value of our's up. What loads does your's like Bob?
Wasn't this Marlin 1894 41 Mag LTD. (Black/Gray Laminated Straight Stock, Satin Gray Stainless Finish, Hi-Viz Sights, 16 1/2" bbl.);
The First of the Davidson's Ltd. series offered, and one-of-350 mfd. ??? And some of the following Calibers issued, 1-of-500 ???

I still have my #20 and #21 Marlin 41 Cal. Ltd's. I do shoot #20, 'cause #21 has a nicer stock. I shot up all my .41 Ammo and a freind's reloads early this Spring, and haven't found any 41 S&W Mag. Factory Ammo since.

Said friend has an older Marlin .41 Mag. and 3 Ruger SA's in .41 mag. He has offered to buy either of my .41 rifles but, I hedged, "Maybe someday ..."

I haven't found or seen ANY information or prices on these rifles since I bought mine. I paid a premium from Scheel's, but at least now they're worth more than I paid.

Just glad to have them, AND my other Marlins.
P Weed
251 of the .41 mag and .45 colt, 351 of the .357 and the .44 mag. You have #s 20 and 21? Nice.
Karl
I bought 3 of them locally and shot only the 357. I couldn't pass up the prices they were selling for on GB so off they went... Glad I did now that marlin has the 1894CSS as a catalogue item. For a while there the prices on them was OMG high.
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Not an LTD but a "Limited", mine is a blued .45 Colt with 16 1/4" barrel. They made 1,050 of these in 1997 only.

[Linked Image]

I definitely shoot it! Have put over 300 rounds through it since I got it a few weeks ago.

I would like that rifle when you are finished with it...

COOL...
You are more than welcome to it when I'm done with it.

I just hope you don't mind waiting a bit? Statistically I still have about 30 more years to live... wink
laugh Good one.. laugh

Posted By: RJM Re: Marlin 1894 LTD .41 Magnum... - 11/05/09
MS1...yes it seems that the .41 Magnum brings the most money but I have seen a NIB .44 Magnum that brought over $900 last spring.

As to loads:

22 grains of H110 with a Cast Performance Bullet Company 255 grain WFNGC bullet.

22-23 grains of H110 with any 210 jacketed HP.

The LTD doesn't seem to like two things...light loads and using a sling. I have not found a light load yet that will shoot as well at 50 yards as full loads of H110. Same with using a sling. normally when I wrap up in a sling with a bolt gun my bullet goes right where the crosshair was when the trigger broke...not so with the lever guns. When I use a sling my groups are twice to three times as large as when just sitting with no sling...

Bob
I currently have on layaway a Marlin in .41mag at local shop. It has 20 inch Octagon barrel, serial # CCL000xxx. Appears unfired or nearly so, It won't be for long once I get it home! smile

I am curious as to how sensitive the Marlins are to Cartridge Overall Length. Any opinions?

Thanx
Kevin
Posted By: RJM Re: Marlin 1894 LTD .41 Magnum... - 11/10/09
ChuckB..."CCL"...that is a 20" octagon with straight stock?

Crimped in the crimping groove of most bullets there isn't much problems with feeding...it has more to due with nose shape than anything else...

Bob
Straight Stock and Octagon, pretty sure it was a 20 inch but did not measure it. Is it likely something other than 20"?
Thanx
Kevin
Posted By: RJM Re: Marlin 1894 LTD .41 Magnum... - 11/12/09
No, only 20".. rare gun... Have seen two for sale recently and they brought over $700 each. Hoping that one day Marlin will do a limited run of the same gun with a 24" barrel..
bob
Thanx Bob
Feeling better about what I gave for this one...
Posted By: RJM Re: Marlin 1894 LTD .41 Magnum... - 11/15/09
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=144539907

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=145766594

..I am sure you did fine....

This is the one that started this post...

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=138643799

Bob
It came home today. Now if the temp. will just get to a reasonable mark I can see if it is as much fun as it looks
Kevin
Posted By: RJM Re: Marlin 1894 LTD .41 Magnum... - 01/12/10
Great!! What ammo will you be shooting out of it? Mine loves a reload of a 255 grain Cast Performance Bullet Company LBT with 22 grains of H110.

50 yards from the sitting positoion

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

..the "others"...

[Linked Image]

Let us know how it shoots...Bob
Forgot about this thread sorry...

Hoping it likes the same load as I am running in my Blackhawk, at least for hunting.

20.5 H110 under a custom 245 gr Gas Checked SWC. My brother in law made the mold, more accurate than I am at this point with the BH. The 160 B&C class 5x6 whitetail I shot with it in November never really knew what hit him.

It will probably never see a jacketed bullet.

Kevin
Posted By: RJM Re: Marlin 1894 LTD .41 Magnum... - 03/10/10
YeaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great for you!!!

I was shooting mine last week with some 300 grain LBT GC bullets and it was just as accurate as with the 255s...says who Microgroove won't shoot cast bullets....

Bob
© 24hourcampfire