Home
Posted By: Bruzer Marlin GG Project - 01/11/15
I have a standard Ported Marlin 1895 GG. I want to to the following:
1. Go to an 18" Octagonal Barrel
2. 20" Feed Tube
3. Color case Hardened Receiver and Big Loop

Is their a 20" or 18"!Version out there? Who would be the best Gunsmith who can handle it all?

Robert
Posted By: tmitch Re: Marlin GG Project - 01/11/15
Curious why you want a magazine tube 2" longer than your barrel? With case hardening on your wish list, you might check with Turnbull Restorations.
Posted By: Bruzer Re: Marlin GG Project - 01/11/15
Mitch

SORYY, 20"'Barrel and Feed tube.

Robert
Posted By: Heavybullets Re: Marlin GG Project - 01/20/15
Hi Bruzer
Sounds like something I did a couple of years back. I have a heavily tapered octagon 20" barrel but left the mag tube factory length. call Regan Nonneman and ask if he has any 22" marlin barrels in his take off barrel bucket. He always does, since he makes custom marlin octagonal barrels. He'll mill one octagonal for you at a very reasonable price. Have a local smith screw yours off and the octagon one on and your done at a fraction of the cost of having him make you one from scratch. My first one was an XLR barrel he had on a stbl I had and it is the best balanced and shooting rifle I have ever owned, and I've had quite a few.
If you send him the rifle it might take many months to get it back Lj
Posted By: micky Re: Marlin GG Project - 01/21/15
Contact Joseph Barnsfarther at Superior Firearms in Lexington ky. He shortened my 1894 cowboy 45lc to 16.5". Spectacular work.
Posted By: ErichTheRed Re: Marlin GG Project - 03/01/15
You might try Jim Brockman, Brockman guns, Grizzley guns or Wild West Guns. I have no personal experience with any of these outfits but the sure make some nice looking GG's
Posted By: MIKE HUNT Re: Marlin GG Project - 05/05/15
Sounds like a fun project if you have the time.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Marlin GG Project - 05/09/16

sounds like the Marlin I'm looking for ...

18" LTD III from Marlin.......
© 24hourcampfire