Home
Posted By: rainierrifleco Browning 92 - 06/30/15
I bid up a 92 nib 44 mag to 670 dollars are they worth more than that? I lost the bid...so I guess so..
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Browning 92 - 06/30/15
Yup! They are a better gun than the later Winchesters, and miles ahead of Pumas and Rossi...
Posted By: g5m Re: Browning 92 - 06/30/15
What did it sell for? I'd guess about $750. Maybe even up to $900.
Posted By: rainierrifleco Re: Browning 92 - 07/01/15
No I was the last bidder so I guess he got it for 680 they were going in 10 dollar increments..
Posted By: rainierrifleco Re: Browning 92 - 07/01/15
Didn't want a NIb anyway.. I want one I can shoot and enjoy...not look at...
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Browning 92 - 07/06/15
Originally Posted by rainierrifleco

That's why I sold my Browning 1886. It was way too nice to shoot.
Posted By: PSH Re: Browning 92 - 10/19/15
I love those Browning levers, I've had a 92 in 44 for years, and jut picked one up in 357. No safeties or other idiot proofing. I also have an 86 src and a 71 carbine. Hope to add a 65 in a bee one day as well. I just wish I would have been smart enough to be picking them up when they were cheaper.
Posted By: jt402 Re: Browning 92 - 10/27/15
For $700, you could have shot it. New Winchesters are close to twice that.

But then, I never saw a gun that I could not shoot. I do have a few that do not see use in rough weather. I have several that do not ride my old Kawasaki Mule. That roll cage has lots of opportunities to put bumps in stuff.

Jack
Posted By: TNrifleman Re: Browning 92 - 03/17/16
I have a Browning Model 92 in 44 Magnum. It is a fine rifle. Prices have risen considerably since I bought mine. They won't get any cheaper. Get one now if you can.
Posted By: Anjin Re: Browning 92 - 06/29/16
Originally Posted by TNrifleman
I have a Browning Model 92 in 44 Magnum. It is a fine rifle. Prices have risen considerably since I bought mine. They won't get any cheaper. Get one now if you can.

Absolutely. Much cheaper than a Winchester made by Miroku, per my research, and perhaps half the price on new Uberti clones. Very popular for CAS shooting.
Posted By: rainierrifleco Re: Browning 92 - 06/30/16
I'm wishin I had bought it now..
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Browning 92 - 08/16/18
I love mine. It is however a rifle I do not load for. I used to use the Lever Revolution ammo but did not like its on game performance and shifted to 240 grain HP's. I was amazed at how much the point of impact changed when dropping to lighter bullets- it was CRAZY. I also learned I need to just crack the lever ever so slightly to load the magazine otherwise the 'door' seems to catch on the previous case.

One thing I would love and imagine some of you have looked for too - does ANYONE make a recoil pad for these things?
Posted By: kid0917 Re: Browning 92 - 10/30/18
Originally Posted by Reloder28

That's why I sold my Browning 1886. It was way too nice to shoot.

I have done that several times, I can't keep beautiful guns around. If I can't hunt with it, I now get rid of 'em.
Posted By: Turkeyrun Re: Browning 92 - 06/23/19
You should have bought it and SHOT it.

Don't see them come up often and they are awesome.

Awesome on deer and hogs. Perfect for ladies and youts.
Posted By: Borchardt Re: Browning 92 - 07/20/19
I would not sell mine for $700.
Posted By: 3584ELK Re: Browning 92 - 05/05/21
No I was the last bidder so I guess he got it for 680 they were going in 10 dollar increments..

I love it! Guys like you are the ones who will bring the market back to its senses.
© 24hourcampfire