Home
Posted By: jvmm Can,t put bolt back into 1894 - 05/12/18
I have a 32-20 with the fancy button safety

The bolt at the rear has a slotted small screw sticking up

This prevents the bolt from going forward

Not sure how the screw got unscrewed

Should I try to screw in deeper, or am I doing something wrong?.

Thanks for your help

Marlin 1894 ? X/bolt safety ?

you lost me...........
Posted By: jvmm Re: Can,t put bolt back into 1894 - 05/13/18
yess this is the cross bolt safety \

I have no idea how the screw on the rear of the bolt backed out
Do you have the manual ? Check it out here and page 20 :https://www.marlinfirearms.com/sites/default/files/Marlin_308-336-338-444-1894-1895_Manual_F407320_Rev_2016-01.pdf
Photos? I have disassembled a lot of 1894s but don't remember ever seeing a screw on the bolt.

Two things wrong. First, there are no screws in a 94 bolt. Someone has added it if there is one. Second, the 94 was never chambered for the 32-20. Are you sure it's a 94 and not a 92?
Saw one once where someone had tried to smooth the action by grinding the bottom of the bolt, then added a screw so it would cock the hammer. Tried to convince me it allowed adjustable tension on the hammer for different loads. Quite a story.

Pics would help.
Originally Posted by JBLEDSOE

Two things wrong. First, there are no screws in a 94 bolt. Someone has added it if there is one. Second, the 94 was never chambered for the 32-20. Are you sure it's a 94 and not a 92?

Hi Jim!

I too have never seen a screw on a Marlin 1894 bolt. However, Marlin did make model 1894s in 32-30. I have one. Sweet little rifle. (JBledsoe must be thinking we are talking about a Winchester 94.)

T.S.

> Yes, I was thinking Winchester, I have a 32-20 in Winchester 92.

Does the OP ever say what kind of 94 he is working on? Is it a Marlin or Winchester?

think I saw it in the classifieds............
© 24hourcampfire