Home
Posted By: tp4whlr Marlin 39 Century LTD - 04/16/09
Picked up one of these in a Pawn Shop recently.
Gold Medallion on left side of receiver, Marlin 1870-1970,
oval brass plate on side of stock Marlin 39 Century LTD 1870-1970, brass butt plate, and brass forearm cap with octogon barrel. Looks like a fancied-up 39M.
First one I've ever seen. Supposedly limited production 1970 only ?
Gun looks solid 90% maybe 95%, $300 out the door.
Posted By: 3sixbits Re: Marlin 39 Century LTD - 04/17/09
I remember then vary well. I remember at the time, that I though they were to fancy for a using rifle. Sounds like you got a bargain there.
Posted By: 222Rem Re: Marlin 39 Century LTD - 04/28/09
I used to lust over that rifle 25+ yrs ago. More a collector than a shooter, so I let the dream die. You found a smokin' deal on wonderful little 39 that you can enjoy shooting. I'm more than a little jealous.
Posted By: yeselk Re: Marlin 39 Century LTD - 05/03/09
That sure was a smoking deal! I still have the one my mother gave me for my high school graduation present. I've only seen one other one. It was in a display case in Cabela's. I don't remember the price but it was high.
Posted By: Stillwater Re: Marlin 39 Century LTD - 05/28/09
In my area, that rifle, in excellent shape, will sell for around $750.00.

Bill
Posted By: Robster Re: Marlin 39 Century LTD - 05/29/09
I HAVE ONE, PASSED DOWN TO ME FROM MY DAD. WOULD NOT TRADE IT FOR THE WORLD!

SORRY ABOUT CAPS, THE KEY IS STUCK.
Posted By: RWL99 Re: Marlin 39 Century LTD - 09/28/09
I bought a 39 Century LTD when they first came out. The Iron sights were thinner than they make them now and it was a tack driver. Of coarse I had eyes like an eagle back then and the sights were sharp and clear. I remember going on a sparrow shoot with my brother in law, he had a Rem Auto with a scope and shooting off hand I beat him every time with the Marlin with iron sights. I made some really long shots that impressed my BIL. I told him it was the gun which like I said was an exceptional shooter.

I sold or traded it somewhere along the line. It was one of those guns that I wish I still had. frown
© 24hourcampfire