Home
Getting one in shortly, and I want to throw a scope on it ASAP. Thinking a compact type scope would be balanced, and want to be able to kill varmints @100 yards. I have a Leupold EFR 3x9 AO rimfire scope on my .22LR, and thinking if I should go the same route?

Thanks for any suggestions.
I put a Leupold 4X rimfire special on my 94-22Mag.

It's small enough to "look" right on a 94, and works great well past 100 yards on Sage Rats.
Am thinking we took some shots around 200 yards, as we were getting about 12" of drop.

As far as the Leupold 3X9 EFR,(I have one on a Sako FinnFire)It's a great scope, but just to big to "look" right on a 94.

Virgil B.
If any rifle deserves higher than a 4x, its a 22LR or 22 mag. Since you are shooting at small targets, that extra magnification really gets you in there. Magnification makes a hell of a difference in accuracy on these 22's and 17's. I would put at least a 2-7. Its only 9.9", don't cheat yourself. You have the cream of the crop 22mag, scope it with what it deserves.

I have this on my 39 and 9422

http://www.opticsplanet.net/leupold-vari-x-2-7x28mm-compact-rifle-scope.html
You allready have the best scope for the gun.. Leupold 3x9 AO rimfire.. Sweet little scope..
© 24hourcampfire