Home
Posted By: Leon_Phelps 9422M Trigger Pull - 06/18/05
At how many pounds does a 9422M break? Mine feels as though it does not release under ten. Sweet gun, but it could have stayed at the factory for another day for fine-tuning.

Good huntin',

Leon
Posted By: northern_dave Re: 9422M Trigger Pull - 06/21/05
Well I've got one at home that crept & dry "ticked" twice before she hung pretty dang heavy & finally popped loose with kind of a "donk" feel.... non of this descriptive trigger pull experience appealed to me. Never the less I absolutely love the gun, I broke it down & took out an old stone kit I hadn't touched since my days in the service & very carefully & respectfully polished the sear & hammer spur. I didn't hog anything down with a file, I simply polished the metal to metal contact points. I'm pretty happy with that one now. It's got a very nice trigger for a mini lever gun. Your take up on that one is now simply compressing the trigger spring till you reach that "hook" point where the sear starts to drive up & off of the spur which is quite smooth now & she releases clean, weight isn't excessive, I like it.
Now I picked up another one a while back (both these guns were purchased new in the box) The second one is also a 9422M but it is the yellowboy version. I don't think the yellowboy thing has anything to do with this but the trigger is very nice on the second rifle right out of the box. I haven't shot it yet but I did play with the trigger out of curiosity, I wouldn't bother messing with that one, she's good to go. I'm saving the little yellow one for my oldest boy, he'll be the first one to drop the firing pin on a live rimfire case with that one.
Posted By: carlos111 Re: 9422M Trigger Pull - 07/01/05
My 9422M came with a good trigger pull, but I bought a Marlin 39a that was about 8 lbs. I don't do triggers, so it cost me about $40 to get a local gunsmith to take it down to 3.5 lb.
© 24hourcampfire