Home
[Linked Image]

It is true, they eject a long way.
Had one of those, way back in my teens. Used to shoot gophers with it, in my Dad's pasture. Your gun looks nice.

cool.......classic
my first 22 got it when I turned 10. got rusted keeping it in a leather saddle scabbard.
Used to carry one on the trapline before I upgraded to a Single Six.
Originally Posted by Clarkm
[Linked Image]

I have one that belonged to my dad. I think he bought it around 1970 for maybe $16 . Mine is a 22 wmr, nice little rifles.
When I was a kid I wanted one in a big way! could never talk my dad into it even tho I earned the $$ for one! Have come close to buying several since ,maybe someday!
Looks like you got a nice one! Congratulations. Pretty decent price, too.
I had one identical to that. It was a birthday present when I was around 8-9 years old in the late 60's.It got stolen out of the locked trunk of a car in Erie Pa.in 1977 as I spent the night at a friends home. Still looking for it. I did find an early model 49 last year and picked it up, looks unfired and in the un-checkered walnut stock.
I heard they had trouble with them I got a deal a while back on a 72 in 22 mag, going to scope it and see how it does.
That was my first rifle. I didn’t have it long, as I had extraction issues with it.
Originally Posted by Troutnut
Originally Posted by Clarkm
[Linked Image]

I have one that belonged to my dad. I think he bought it around 1970 for maybe $16 . Mine is a 22 wmr, nice little rifles.
They sold for 29.95 in the 1969 Montgomery Ward fall catalog. I bought one used {.22WMR} in nice shape for 25.00 in 1978.
Grandpa gave me mine I was 8yr old. Still have it I am 59yr old. Kids and grandkid cannot out shoot me with one it is a very good fit after all these years. Have fun!
They are asking 300 and up for those around here. Whether they are selling them for that, I do not know.

It's a neat concept. Something for the kids watching tv westerns at the time.

I have one with a worn out extractor and the chamber appears wallowed out from untold use. I'm thinking of converting it to .22 mag or maybe WRF. I haven't slugged the bore yet.
© 24hourcampfire