Home
Posted By: Porsche73 Scope for a 94/22 mag - 07/23/17
Using Talley rings I mounted a Vortex Crossfire 3x7 on my 94/22. The eye relief prohibits me from getting virtually any decent sight picture and if I move the rings or any other adjustments , the scope intereferes with the hammer,even with a hammer extension. What brand and model scope will solve this problem? I will use the Vortex on another rifle and buying a new scope is not a problem. Thanks in advance . Porsche73
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Scope for a 94/22 mag - 07/23/17
had a redfield revolution 2-7 on mine till I put a reddot on it
Posted By: bea175 Re: Scope for a 94/22 mag - 07/23/17
compact Leupold 4 power
Posted By: Rolltide Re: Scope for a 94/22 mag - 07/23/17
I have the same LoPro Redfield 4x on 94/22M XTR that my father put on it when he and mom bought it for me 30 years ago. Have you thought about a fixed power?
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Scope for a 94/22 mag - 07/24/17
I like my Simmons 22 mag scope.
Posted By: 348srfun Re: Scope for a 94/22 mag - 07/26/17
I have Marlin 39 Mountie which is a handy rifle and I wanted a scope that didn't make it feel like I was carrying a scope with a rifle hanging under it. After looking a while I found a Redfield 2 3/4X scope designed for a rimfire rifle. This scope is a 3/4 inch tube scope that Redfield also made in 4X. I know what you are going to say about a 3/4 inch tube scope, but you won't believe these little Redfields until you try one. They are clear and durable little scopes and the size doesn't over power a lever action Marlin. I know Winchesters are a little larger action but if you can find one of these in good shape I don't think you will regret it. If it has to be a 1 inch tube then I would go with a Leupold rimfire model. Although on my Marlin 39 rifle I have an old Unertl 2X with a barrel mount that allows me to use a receiver sight under it that works great. It is an old setup from the 50's. A squirrel better not take a peek at me over the top of a limb if I have either of them.
I realize this is an older thread. I will add my two cents to help out somebody in the future who is looking to scope their 94/22.

Mine wears a Burris Compact 2-7 that is an excellent fit on this rifle, allowing just enough easy clearance to the hammer spur, with vertical Talley rings.

Finding just the right scope for a particular gun is often a challenge. I am especially pleased with this particular combination.
© 24hourcampfire