Home
Posted By: Fireball2 Cool little lever gun? - 03/08/18
Anyone know anything about these? I decided not to bid on it since I need a scoped rifle, but it's interesting.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/752320774
Posted By: Stan V Re: Cool little lever gun? - 03/08/18
Another with scope just listed on gunbroker. Looks just like a Win 9422! I may jump all over one without a scope.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Cool little lever gun? - 03/08/18

Ithaca is a good one too

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/752064564
Posted By: 45_100 Re: Cool little lever gun? - 03/08/18
I have an Ithaca 72 Saddlegun that I bought when I was a teenager. The frame is aluminum alloy and stock is rather plain walnut. The action is very smooth and the rifle is quite accurate. Has been a great gun. Has some character from being carried and used a lot. It is still my favorite to carry in the truck or on horseback. I have no idea how many rabbits and other small game have succumbed to this rifle. Shot a coyote with it a couple weeks ago. Highly recommend the Ithaca if you can find one.
Posted By: lightning Re: Cool little lever gun? - 03/08/18
Originally Posted by 45_100
I have an Ithaca 72 Saddlegun that I bought when I was a teenager. The frame is aluminum alloy and stock is rather plain walnut. The action is very smooth and the rifle is quite accurate. Has been a great gun. Has some character from being carried and used a lot. It is still my favorite to carry in the truck or on horseback. I have no idea how many rabbits and other small game have succumbed to this rifle. Shot a coyote with it a couple weeks ago. Highly recommend the Ithaca if you can find one.

There is one of these little Saddleguns on Florida Guntrader right now for $250. It looks to be in pretty decent shape from the pictures. Just a heads up if anyone wants to pursue it. It is in the "South Florida" section of the classifieds.
Posted By: Blackheart Re: Cool little lever gun? - 03/08/18
The Iver Johnson and the Ithaca 72 are the same gun as the current Henry lever action .22. Henry later bought the design and tooling from Erma so I see no reason whatsoever to pay as much or more for a used Ithaca or Iver Johnson unless dents and scratches and the name inscribed on the barrel mean that much to you.
Posted By: 45_100 Re: Cool little lever gun? - 03/09/18
I didnt know that Blackheart, but i have no reason to think it is not true. I thought the Iver Johnson and Ithaca were very similar if not the same. Did Ithaca make them for Iver Johnson or vice versa? We have two Henry Golden Boys and the first thing I noticed was the action is very similar to the Ithaca. I would think $250 for the Ithaca Saddlegun is reasonable if it was in decent condition. I dont remeber what i paid for mine, new.
Posted By: Blackheart Re: Cool little lever gun? - 03/09/18
Originally Posted by 45_100
I didnt know that Blackheart, but i have no reason to think it is not true. I thought the Iver Johnson and Ithaca were very similar if not the same. Did Ithaca make them for Iver Johnson or vice versa? We have two Henry Golden Boys and the first thing I noticed was the action is very similar to the Ithaca. I would think $250 for the Ithaca Saddlegun is reasonable if it was in decent condition. I dont remeber what i paid for mine, new.
Erma Werke in Germany made the guns for Ithaca and Iver Johnson. Later the Imperato family {owners of Henry Repeating Arms} bought the design and tooling from Erma. Todays standard model Henry .22 is almost identical to the Erma/ Ithaca/Iver Johnson version but actually a little better because Henry has replaced the plastic barrel bands of the earlier guns with steel barrel bands. Henry also uses real walnut for the stock/forearm while the Ithaca and Iver Johnson were walnut stained hardwood. The standard model {H0001} Henry lever action .22 can be had for 289.00 new from Wal-Mart.
Posted By: jk16 Re: Cool little lever gun? - 04/02/18
Actually,Anthony Imperato's dad designed the Erma Werk /thaca guns to begin with in the 1960s.
© 24hourcampfire