Home
I think I am going to take my 39AS to my local smith to have the trigger improved. What lbs pull to expect him to get it down to without a safety risk or misfires?
Show your smith this photo. Easy to drill and tap like this for a trigger stop. Works great with min over travel.

DF

[Linked Image]

I set my pull weight to 2 to 2.5 pounds on the Marlin 39. 3 to 3.5 pounds on the centerfire Marlins. Any less than that becomes a safety issue.
The 39 I posted has around a 2.5# trigger with min over travel. Feels more like a match rifle trigger than a 39.

DF
Thanks for the info. I didn't realize they could be taken down to 2-3lbs, I figured if I was lucky they could get it to 4.5-5lbs.
Originally Posted by mp44
Thanks for the info. I didn't realize they could be taken down to 2-3lbs, I figured if I was lucky they could get it to 4.5-5lbs.

That also depends on who does the work.

I did mine including the trigger stop. It worked out well.

But, I’ve done a few, felt comfortable tackling this project.

Unless one has confidence, I’d say find a professional to do the work.

Triggers aren’t something to be messing with.

DF
I will not be touching the trigger, I know my limitations, I'll be taking it to a smith.
Originally Posted by mp44
I will not be touching the trigger, I know my limitations, I'll be taking it to a smith.

Show your smith the trigger stop screw. It's easy to do and does make a big difference.

DF
© 24hourcampfire