Home
Posted By: battue South Dakota tune up..... - 10/30/21
Merlot almost went into the swamp to bring this one out in Pa...He signed himself off for the coming up SD cattails....

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
Great photo and great looking Pup !
Posted By: battue Re: South Dakota tune up..... - 10/30/21
Thanks....but wish he was a Pup....Pushing 7 now...
Posted By: bartman Re: South Dakota tune up..... - 10/30/21
Hello Battue, glad to see you had better luck than me. Was romping around up in Allegheny today looking for grouse to no avail. Just a thought but Merlot seems to be a good fit for a Parker.
Posted By: battue Re: South Dakota tune up..... - 10/30/21
Soon as I get back from SD we are going to see if we can find some Grouse...

Couldn't get out till late today, but that was 3 hours of walking for two flushes and one shot.... But Merlot worked those two hard...both runners that had been out for a week or two...Good day.

Grouse....next year, Lord willing, I'm going to think hard on Maine or Wisconsin..I don't really care to kill more than a few...but I do care about getting into many..
Good boy, Merlot! That dog has a ton of heart and hunting drive. I hope South Dakota treats you boys well!!!! We may take Rocky up there next year.
Posted By: battue Re: South Dakota tune up..... - 10/31/21
Well, then let's coordinate it so we both are there at the same time...
Battue,

Appears you were caring a Parker Brothers 20 gauge? Am I correct?
Doc...it would be a 16 gauge, on the regular 16 gauge frame..Would like to find one on the 1-correction: or is that an O-frame. However, it still carries quick..

Posted By: dukxdog Re: South Dakota tune up..... - 10/31/21
Attaboy Merlot!
Originally Posted by battue
Soon as I get back from SD we are going to see if we can find some Grouse...

Couldn't get out till late today, but that was 3 hours of walking for two flushes and one shot.... But Merlot worked those two hard...both runners that had been out for a week or two...Good day.

Grouse....next year, Lord willing, I'm going to think hard on Maine or Wisconsin..I don't really care to kill more than a few...but I do care about getting into many..

When are you headed west Battue?
Coming Saturday or Sunday....
Love the pic.

Safe travels and good shooting!
Originally Posted by battue
Well, then let's coordinate it so we both are there at the same time...

I would sure like that! We sure had fun last time. Is Hig going to make the trip?
Posted By: battue Re: South Dakota tune up..... - 11/02/21
Let's see how it works out...

Yes, he is going....he is too small to put in a kennel, so he will have a lot of kennel time during the rides. Will let him out for short hikes while there, and let him play big dog...Hope he doesn't bump into a Rooster that scares the shiiit out of him. laugh
© 24hourcampfire