Home
Posted By: GusandRip Chaps - 12/28/21
Can anyone recommend a durable, light weight, waterproof chaps.

Thank you in advance
Posted By: erich Re: Chaps - 12/28/21
I use a set from Cabelas that are DryPlus lined but I see they are no longer made.

Thes are much like the Cabelas ones I wear. I like them soft so they don't make alot of noise rubbing against brush.

From amazon
[img]https://www.amazon.com/Orvis-Toughshell-Waterproof-Chaps-Medium/dp/B0794F2XJT/ref=sr_1_5?crid=2QPGPPMO5WVNB&keywords=hunting+chaps&qid=1640714937&sprefix=hunting%2520chaps%2Caps%2C173&sr=8-5[/img]

From Orvis itself.
https://www.orvis.com/toughshell-waterproof-chaps/2B8N.html
Posted By: MonkeyWrench Re: Chaps - 12/29/21
Irish Setter style # 890717 100% cotton with paraffin based finish made in Canada
Posted By: TraderVic Re: Chaps - 12/29/21
Originally Posted by MonkeyWrench
Irish Setter style # 890717 100% cotton with paraffin based finish made in Canada

Have a link ?
Sorry, no. Just reading the label on mine. Had 'em for probably 8 years or more.
These look like them: https://www.sierra.com/irish-setter-pheasants-forever-coleman-chaps-waxed-cotton-canvas-for-men~p~5258m/
Posted By: hmpwinm70 Re: Chaps - 12/30/21
Try Dan's Hunting Gear.
Posted By: NDHuntr Re: Chaps - 12/31/21
Orvis Toughshell Waterproof chaps. Relatively lightweight for warmer weather, but still stout enough.
Posted By: 19352012 Re: Chaps - 12/31/21
Why chaps over brush pants?
Posted By: erich Re: Chaps - 12/31/21
As the day warms and the dew and frost evaporate brush pants get hot and clammy. Chaps just slip them off, roll them up and put them in the gamebag, also being open at the top and bottom they breathe much better. They also make great wind breaks over wool pants keeping them dry and you warmer. I wear them over my hunting pants in the morning riding out to coyote stands in the winter on my motorcycle. As the day warms they go in the panier, that way I can start the day warm and finish it comfortable.
Posted By: NDHuntr Re: Chaps - 12/31/21
Erich summed up well. I wear lightweight breathable pants and find the combination with chaps to work well.
Posted By: huntjinx Re: Chaps - 01/01/22
I will second Dan's briar proof chaps. Light, easy on and off, and the real deal. The only thing I have found that will tear them up are puppy teeth. But even with that mine still are working fine and the dog is 2 1/2 yrs. now. I think it is the same material as the Wick company used back in the day.
Posted By: hasbeen1945 Re: Chaps - 01/01/22
You are thinking light weight and water proof. When I think chaps I think snake and thorn proof. Different parts of the country. Hasbeen
Posted By: Bay_Dog Re: Chaps - 01/09/22
IMO Filson Tin Chaps are the only chaps worth the money. They're not very breathable, but there's not another chap in my experience that will take a lickin and keep on tickin like the Filson's.
© 24hourcampfire