Home
Posted By: battue South Dakota: - 03/15/22
How is winter treating the Pheasants?????
Posted By: dukxdog Re: South Dakota: - 03/15/22
You left some for seed last year in your honey hole using your SXS 28ga so they are good this coming fall smile
Posted By: battue Re: South Dakota: - 03/15/22

And it wasn’t the 28’s fault. Time has made that slump collapse into a black hole….

Until now….😂
Posted By: BKinSD Re: South Dakota: - 03/28/22
Winter was fine but spring is very dry so far and if it doesn't snow and rain alot and soon, they're in trouble.
Posted By: George_De_Vries_3rd Re: South Dakota: - 03/28/22

I cannot remember (that by itself might be concerning) a winter like this, almost a completely brown one. We had about four, five inches of snow in December, and a week ago or so, a light all-day rain, with varying amounts of moisture in different locales. Not much right here.

We are very, very dry overall. Of course April, May, and even June, can turn everything around farming-wise, but that’s not good timing for nesting and the chicks. it’s a pattern that is concerning.

It took you guys on the upland forum for me to hit the keys here again — I have shotgunning to do…or think about.

Have a great week guys.
Posted By: BKinSD Re: South Dakota: - 05/09/22
Another half to full inch of rain across the pheasant belt last night, hope it keeps up.
Posted By: Bugger Re: South Dakota: - 05/10/22
We had 2 inches of rain in the last couple of days. I've been seeing roosters in my yard - a few hens a couple hundred yards away too. I've been feeding then and will continue to do so. My fields are too wet to get into right now.
Posted By: BKinSD Re: South Dakota: - 07/06/22
Yesterday's storm was really bad; I hope it missed your hunting places.
Posted By: dukxdog Re: South Dakota: - 07/08/22
Missed us!
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: South Dakota: - 07/08/22
Hey Bobby,

How are the conditions out there? Are things ok for the Pheasant chicks?
Posted By: dukxdog Re: South Dakota: - 07/10/22
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Hey Bobby,

How are the conditions out there? Are things ok for the Pheasant chicks?

Lots of chicks. Good precipitation. Lots of hoppers and bugs for chicks to eat. No hail.

Things are lining up to be an excellent fall season.

I have some openings available for guys who want to come hunt SD this fall. Send me a PM to get in!
© 24hourcampfire