Home
Posted By: nemotheangler Wish Me Luck - 09/29/22
Brother, sons, nephew going for grouse, sage hen, snow cock tomorrow. With trout fishing. My boys are 13 and 15, nephew is 11. Lamoille Canyon then north of the freeway for sage hen come weekend.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Wish Me Luck - 09/29/22
Lamoille Canyon is one of the prettiest spots in all of Nevada.
Sounds like and enjoyable adventure!
Posted By: battue Re: Wish Me Luck - 10/14/22
Originally Posted by nemotheangler
Brother, sons, nephew going for grouse, sage hen, snow cock tomorrow. With trout fishing. My boys are 13 and 15, nephew is 11. Lamoille Canyon then north of the freeway for sage hen come weekend.

Would like to see a pic of any Snowcock shot....
Posted By: pointer Re: Wish Me Luck - 10/17/22
Chasing snowcock is quite the adventure. Would like to give it another try. Good luck!
Posted By: ribka Re: Wish Me Luck - 10/18/22
Originally Posted by pointer
Chasing snowcock is quite the adventure. Would like to give it another try. Good luck!

it is. Gorgeous country
Posted By: Kurt52 Re: Wish Me Luck - 10/18/22
One of the few Western Upland (Mountain) birds species I haven't shot. Would like to try it! What are you using for a shotgun and ammo? Good luck!
Posted By: nemotheangler Re: Wish Me Luck - 10/24/22
Gents,

No birds were harmed in this adventure. Went REAL hard for Sage Hen the last day. Went less hard for snow cock, but still made a push on some we heard on a ridge. Never seen. Trout were caught in abundance...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by Kurt52
One of the few Western Upland (Mountain) birds species I haven't shot. Would like to try it! What are you using for a shotgun and ammo? Good luck!

I took the Winchester 1200 pump, full choke and Kent Fast Lead diamond shot 5's. Boys had their 20's.
Oh, and we did see a mountain goat. My first in the wild. That was cool.
Posted By: trplem Re: Wish Me Luck - 10/24/22
35 years ago my Brittany Spaniel would have been giving you the "look" for not getting the grouse. Chicky nugs assuaged her annoyance though
Posted By: pullit Re: Wish Me Luck - 10/25/22
Very nice pictures, and sounds like a good time
© 24hourcampfire