Home

It was 2 below this morning when we left, but the season isn't much longer. It is nice to get out and watch the dog work and still hit a few birds...

[Linked Image]

Sweet. Beaut of a dog. I have a GSP too, and my Jake is white and liver. My next one will be black also.

That little double ain't nothing to throw rocks at either.
Nice work.
Where did you find Chukar around here?
That really depends on where "Around Here" is. In Montana it is east and on those rocky scrubby hillsides...
Little Apple = Manhattan MT.
The only wild Chukar I know about in Montana are almost in Idaho.
Great to hear they are on the east side as well.
Once again, nice work and great photo.
Sorry to cut in. Do the wire hair also come in black? Thanks guys. Cheer NC
It doesn't get any better than that! cool
Looks pretty sweet Kirk! We had Octoberish weather all the way up until the end of the season, so my weim and I did a lot of bird hunting. She's in her second year of hunting and finally really learning how to work cover and work birds. I wish we had a few chukars around here.
Nice day.

My shorthair, at 14, is a little old for the days we used to spend in the cold. We are going to try to get one last pheasant hunt in before she is officially retired this Spring.

Your picture reminds me of many hunts with her. Thanks for sharing.
Originally Posted by northcountry
Sorry to cut in. Do the wire hair also come in black? Thanks guys. Cheer NC

yes they do...
Americans like the black so much the VDD produced too many "black" pups a few years ago. Black to black breedings are not allowed
nimrod1949

Thanks for the answer. I am ignorant of the VVD reference, please explain. Cheers NC
sorry for the delayed response...
VDD is Verein Deutsch Drahthaar

http://www.vdd-gna.org/
© 24hourcampfire