[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

From a successful past hunt.

[Linked Image]
Nice.. Dogs sure spice up our lives...
Looks like a good 'ol boy!
Is that a Wachtelhund? Nice dog!
Thanks. No, Toby is an English Cocker from pure hunting strain. Not to be confused with the American Cocker.

Never heard of the Wachtelhund, so looked them up. From the looks of things I wouldn't be surprised if they have some of each others blood moving thru their veins given the close proximity of Germany and England.
See your are from Ohio which happens to be a hotbed for good hunting English Springers and English Cockers.
Unfortunately, I'm in the sw corner of the state and there are no Partridge here at all. Even in the part of the state that does have them, the state claims in one of their studies, you'll have one flush per 100 hours of hunting. Hardly seems worth it. I'm originally from Vermont, and remember years where you would always see birds by just hitting the beechnut and oak flats, or an old apple orchard.
Thanks for posting this PE. Brought a laugh on a cold, snowy morning in NW Meeechigan. I always tell folks who ask that FBECS will hunt - "anything " . And I do mean that literally.

Your boy Toby is a good looking field Cocker.

NB
© 24hourcampfire