Home
Posted By: RoadRunner65 AZ ups the Dove limit - 07/21/14

Dove Hunting in Arizona

2014-15 Season is set, with new bag limits

The Arizona Game and Fish Commission approved new bag limits for dove season.

Hunters are now allowed 15, that's right, fifteen mourning dove per day! The limit on white-winged dove is still 10 birds. This new increase also affects the possession limit to 3 days' worth, 45 birds, of which no more than 30 can be white-winged doves.

The season opens September 1 and runs through September 15, 2014.

The limit used to be 10 with no more than 6 being white-wing. Happy Happy joy joy. laugh
Posted By: ingwe Re: AZ ups the Dove limit - 07/21/14
Are you seeing an influx of Eurasian Doves there too? I was in Texas in May and they were everywhere...
Posted By: GregW Re: AZ ups the Dove limit - 07/21/14
yes, yes, and yes. Nesting all over my back yard...grin...

Freaking dove all over where I am, and quail. Bird hunter's paradise -
Posted By: RoadRunner65 Re: AZ ups the Dove limit - 07/22/14
There are Eurasian dove everywhere. Mostly by agriculture farms. I see them everyday here. They have a distinct sound, kind of a raspy coo unlike the smooth coo of the mourning dove.
Posted By: Colo_Wolf Re: AZ ups the Dove limit - 07/25/14
The last two years I have hunted a small horse ranch up by Greeley,CO. My buddy and I had over half our take in Eurasians, great tasting birds. And they don't move out like the Mourning dove do, making even some winter hunting possible.
We have the Eurasians here, but I have never seen them out of town.. Glad to hear they are in hunt areas.. Shot a few in Az. maybe seven years ago.. Haven't been back since.. Beautiful state..
Posted By: Enrique Re: AZ ups the Dove limit - 07/26/14
In AZ the Eurasian and African dove are open year around and have no limit. Atleast last year they did. Haven't looked at this years dove regs.
Posted By: Azshooter Re: AZ ups the Dove limit - 07/26/14
I have two dove nests with both birds sitting on their THIRD brood! They are really pumping out the young this year.

Nest in front had four young in the first brood, three lived to be fledged. Three in second brood all three lived. Still waiting to see the third set of hatchlings.

The harris hawks, coopers and a immature prairie falcon are capitalizing on all these young around my place.
Posted By: tronskie Re: AZ ups the Dove limit - 07/26/14
15! 15!!! This old fart won't be able carry in enough ammo to get my limit of 15. Over a mile walk to our favorite spot! It will be fun!
Any of those birds speaking cajun french? laugh Maybe that's where all our doves have gone. Last season in Louisiana I saw only one dove.

I have seen one collard dove here this spring.

Our limit in Iowa is fifteen per day too. I have never remembered seeing as many as I am seeing now this summer. It'll only be our third year with a season and I love it.
Posted By: coyote268 Re: AZ ups the Dove limit - 07/30/14
They are he in CA also. You can shoot them but they are part of your daily bag limit which is 10.
© 24hourcampfire