Home
Posted By: Reba Montana Dog Alert! - 08/14/17
Article in Great Falls Tribune:

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/st...ed-severe-respiratory-disease/559840001/
Posted By: bobmn Re: Montana Dog Alert! - 08/19/17
Thanks for the heads up.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Montana Dog Alert! - 08/23/17
Just another heads up.

If any of youse guys are planning to head to Montana to hunt birds, be wary of letting them swim in a stock pond if you find one.

There have been reports of Blue-Green algae in stock ponds. This stuff is toxic and will kill an animal if they drink it. Even if they swim in it.
Posted By: deflave Re: Montana Dog Alert! - 09/01/17
And lakes...

I don't know that I'm even going to hunt this weekend.

Travis
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Montana Dog Alert! - 09/01/17
I'm not. The smoke is so thick around here that blue-green algae is a very distant second place on the list of negatives.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Montana Dog Alert! - 09/01/17
Have heard-check into this to be sure- that bird hunting season has been postponed due to fires...
Posted By: deflave Re: Montana Dog Alert! - 09/01/17
Bear Paws have been lit the fugk up for a number of days now but the wind has shifted so there wasn't any smoke or ash today. But I still don't see my going out right now.

And if I did, no fugking way would I park off a road and I sure as schit wouldn't drive down a two-track.

This place may as well have gasoline poured on it right now.

Dave
Posted By: labdad Re: Montana Dog Alert! - 09/20/17
Great, loading up the dogs and heading south for a couple months of bird hunting in Montana, Idaho and Oregon. Hoping the fires subside. Has been many years since I have hunted in Montana but have loaded the new 2017MThunting app and will be searching for good Sharptail and Hun areas for my two Brittanys.
© 24hourcampfire