Home
Posted By: tex_n_cal C. Sharps 1875 - 11/09/20
Saw one of these that looks pretty interesting. Anyone have experience with them, as far as action quality and accuracy? I know the 1875 is intended to be a lighter weight action than the 1874.
Posted By: tmitch Re: C. Sharps 1875 - 11/09/20
I had one for awhile in .22 Hornet, it was a nice rifle. I don't think they get a lot of press because they're not the traditional side lock action people associate with Sharps. I don't think they're any lighter or less strong than the '74. I recall a story of someone loading his .50-90 '75 to .500 Nitro levels and using it for Cape Buffalo.
My '75 Hornet was as accurate as the sighting allowed it
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Ranch13 Re: C. Sharps 1875 - 11/10/20
One of the things to look for on these if it's the first version they came out with the top tang isn't attached to the action, unless some one welded it solid. Accuracy with that variety is very inconsistent.
Watch the prices on those things , I have seen some offered for sale that are priced over what one straight from the factory.
As with everything that comes out of the CSA shop, if it's a good one you're in luck, if it's not your just hosed.
Posted By: 65Jeffrey Re: C. Sharps 1875 - 11/20/20
i have a 32-40 thats a pleasure, as with many guns limiting factor with accuracy is the trigger yanker
Posted By: 65Jeffrey Re: C. Sharps 1875 - 11/20/20
i have a 32-40 thats a pleasure, as with many guns limiting factor with accuracy is the trigger yanker
© 24hourcampfire