Home
[Linked Image]Without getting into too many gory details...

I have a pretty high-dollar Shiloh Creedmoor Silhouette. Pretty well optioned out, with exhibition wood and Kelley Soule mid-range sights.

My wife and I are retiring this year and getting bids on the retirement home we plan to build on our land in the Ozarks.

No big surprise...we are wishing we had built 3 years ago...everything is through the roof and delays ($$) are rampant.

So we are looking at ways to generate additional cash to help with the build.

I don't want to be without a 45-70...and could sell this rifle outright and then find a base Shiloh, or a Ruger No 1, or a Miroku 1886. Or I could find someone looking to trade into a top end Shiloh.

I thought I would post this feeler here vs classifieds, to target the right audience.

Attached picture IMG_1708 small.jpg
[Linked Image]

Attached picture IMG_1741 small.jpg
Happy to email hi-res photos to anyone who wants a better look.

Tim
Pm sent
FYI - I went to Shiloh's website and built this rifle....$5,304 and about a 2.5 year wait.

And this is without sights.

Tim
One should never sell a Shiloh. When I die, I'm taking it with me.
Pm sent
Here is the build:

Options are:

Exhibition wood

Checkering

AAA wood finish

Pack Harden action finish (it is their upgraded color case harden)

Polished matte finish on barrel

Steel buttplate

Brass eschutcheons

The Kelley Soule sight were right at $450 from Buffalo Arms Corp and the Lee Shaver front sight with spirit level was about $115. The rifle had no sights when I purchased it.
Originally Posted by 1minute
One should never sell a Shiloh. When I die, I'm taking it with me.

I can only imagine what these will be worth when the current owners manage to sell the business and no more "B" prefix Shiloh's will be made.

Wish I could justify hanging onto it through this transition period...but I am struggling with that.
When I get back next week, I'll check back with you and see where your at with possible deals,
and or offers, and I might be able to help you out!

HS58
Originally Posted by HunterShooter58
When I get back next week, I'll check back with you and see where your at with possible deals,
and or offers, and I might be able to help you out!

HS58

10-4

Thanks,

Tim
You might want to think about this for a minute, the Big Piney Sportsmans club 3 miles east of Houston on Hiway B holds silhoutte and long range gong matches fairly regularly...
I lose pixel definition when I enlarge is that a Creedmoor target rifle with std wt octagon barrel or #2 Creedmoor Silhouette rifle with a 30" round barrel?...mb
30" round. The 97.66kb limit on uploads is tough!
Thanks for clearing that up...mb
Thanks all....looks like this Sharps has found a new home.

Happy and sad...
Good Luck!

Thanks for letting us Know!

HS58
I have a semi fancy standard bbl shiloh in 45-70 I'd be willing to let go so I can upgrade. This is precisely the Shiloh I've wanted for some time now. The one I have was a prize for a shooting match years ago. Factory Letter from Shiloh proving it. I have MVA sights on mine and would prefer to keep those if you want to keep your Kelley sights.
Originally Posted by fosjam
I have a semi fancy standard bbl shiloh in 45-70 I'd be willing to let go so I can upgrade. This is precisely the Shiloh I've wanted for some time now. The one I have was a prize for a shooting match years ago. Factory Letter from Shiloh proving it. I have MVA sights on mine and would prefer to keep those if you want to keep your Kelley sights.

I believe you are a day late
Originally Posted by pacecars
Originally Posted by fosjam

I believe you are a day late

I see that now... dang
Actually.....

I just received an email from the buyer.

Some family emergencies have dictated him dropping out (and rightfully so).

So this rifle is no longer committed.

Unfortunately, I had already committed to another rifle...so the trade option no longer exists for this rifle....sale only.

Sorry about how this has evolved.
Originally Posted by Tarbe
Actually.....

Unfortunately, I had already committed to another rifle...so the trade option no longer exists for this rifle....sale only.

You may want to price it.
Originally Posted by HitnRun
Originally Posted by Tarbe
Actually.....

You may want to price it.

Good point! Given the trade is out the window.

I will sell this rifle, with the sights, for $5,000 plus actual shipping and insurance.

Rifle is in Springfield, MO.

I also have lots of loading components.

Tim
On the advice of another member here, it seems I should post this rifle for sale on ASSRA forum.

Thought I would float it here first, as I have benefitted from the members here and wanted to offer it here first.

Thanks,

Tim
Nice Rifle!
© 24hourcampfire