Home
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
đź‘Ť
Very cool!

Ed
Pacecars,

I traveled and hunted with Bill in Africa May of 2008, using our Shiloh Sharps rifles. Bill used his 45-110 Business rifle and I used a No. 1 50-90 (with 700 grain bullet.)

We talked about this rifle in your letter on our trip and his anticipation of picking it up upon our return.

Congratulations on a fine rifle with esteemed lineage.

Regards,

Manny
Posted By: EdM Re: Cool letter from Shiloh Sharps - 10/15/22
Pretty darn neat.
Congrads, wondering if you knew it was one of Bills rifles when you bought it?
Yep. I bought it from wis wife
Here she is along with my .50-90 Business Rifle that Bill talked me into except he told me the .45-70 would kill anything on this planet. He did like the Business Rifles for hunting though. He was always generous with his time and sharing his vast knowledge.
Lol he loved Business rifles for hunting. After shooting his 45-110 Business Rifle in Africa, I ordered one in 45-70 when I returned. I've killed a couple elk with it so far, shooting 500 grain paper patch.

Regards,
Manny
Two really lovely rifles, Pace. Congratulations on being the next caretaker of that .40-70 SS. Bill Bagwell often talked about Sidra here on the Net, and though I never met either of them, I hope she is well.
She was as nice as Bill is on the phone and never met a stranger. She talked about reloading and shooting, but she doesn’t do any reloading like they used to.
Originally Posted by pacecars

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^cool^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
© 24hourcampfire