Home
I have a Maynard second model, 1863, .50 caliber carbine I'm thinking about selling. I'll check some local gun shops but I may need to go to an antique dealer.
Condition and history.......

I would consider this a very good buy on a 2nd Model Maynard,.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1019476852
Thanks cab1958. Mine is in similar condition.
Give Shrap a PM….
I wouldn't waste time with an antique dealer. The Baltimore show in March is pre. 1898 antique firearms only and you'll be treated faIr there! IMHO!

HS 58
No way would I take a rifle like this to a gun show without some reliable references to value. As said before condition is everything but that makes it imperative that you get opinions from neutral parties. I gave you some advice back channel and if I were you I’d look into this resource and good luck

Rick
Originally Posted by Woodpecker
No way would I take a rifle like this to a gun show without some reliable references to value. As said before condition is everything but that makes it imperative that you get opinions from neutral parties. I gave you some advice back channel and if I were you I’d look into this resource and good luck

Rick
Absolutely! I do agree with some of your opinion also. You don't go in BLIND! Get all your ducks in a row,(evaluations), and all I suggested was if he's interested was to go their and enjoy the moment! We're not talking a million bucks here.
It sounds like a good honest Pre. 1898 antique firearm. If you've never been it's a good older style Antique Arms show. That's All!

HS 58
© 24hourcampfire