Home
Posted By: Pedestal1 50-90 questions - 03/27/04
Just ran across this forum so thought I'd post a bit..
I'm in the process of building a 50-90 on a Martini action. (If I understand the rules, this action is NOT eligible for BPCR competition, however...)
First, I intend that this thing will be for BP/lead bullets only. With that in mind, the question of barrels comes up. Currently, I'm looking a two sources, Pac Nor and Badger. Since money is definetly an issue, I'm favoring the Pac Nor. Their 50 cal barrel (.500) is listed as having 8 grooves, twist in 12, 18. and 25 inch, with the 18 being standard.
Would appreciate any comments on the suitability of this barrel for BP/lead.
Posted By: RRW Re: 50-90 questions - 03/29/04
Sure would like to hear how she shoots when you get her built. Can't help you on those .50 barrels, but my rifle is a 1 in 18 twist. Handles those big ole lead bullets really well in 45-70.
Posted By: 445supermag Re: 50-90 questions - 04/10/04
did you check green moutain barrels????
Posted By: djpaintless Re: 50-90 questions - 04/10/04
If you can get it I would recommend the Badger Barrel. They are very experienced in making barrels that shoot well with Lead Bullets. Quite a few of the top shooters use them in BPCR. I have spoken directly with one of the manufacturers of the top BPCR rifles and specifically asked him why he always used Badgers and he just said that they had the Lead Bullet Barrels figured out best - He uses Shilens in a lot of other types of guns. The Pac-Nor may or may not be as good or even better but Badger Barrels are a well proven BPCR match winner why chance it?...........DJ
Posted By: Pedestal1 Re: 50-90 questions - 04/13/04
I am not familiar with Green Mountain bbls, but will attempt to check them out...
© 24hourcampfire