Home
Posted By: DOO_DAH buffalo art - 02/13/11
Today I went junking. At a big flea market I picked up a framed print by Troy Denton. It portrays a brave carrying a rifle being broad sided by two buffalo, one on either side. In the background there is an old Indian spirit looking down on the scene as if to be protecting the brave that is in trouble. It is a very impressive scene filled with action. After doing a little research I found that Troy Denton was a 20th century painter that did mostly oil on canvas work and was/is a real talent. It looks like his prints are available pretty cheap with his original oils going from $2500 to $5000. Just thought there might be guys around here that appreciate stuff like this.
Posted By: Otter Re: buffalo art - 02/14/11
I collect (gather might be the more appropriate word) all kinds of "buffalo art", and have for about 20 years. Look at "The Prairie Edge" website and see some pretty neat stuff. When we were up there last summer, we bought enough stuff they had to ship it to us as we didn't have enough suitcase room to carry the goods back on the airplane.

Sounds like you got a good "find". Craft fairs and flea markets are also good places to find stuff, if that's your bent.

http://www.prairieedge.com/
Posted By: DOO_DAH Re: buffalo art - 02/14/11
That's a neat site. Never got into Indian artifacts except for points I've picked up. My hobby is swords, guns, militaria, trench art etc. Yep, flea markets are great places too find treasures.
© 24hourcampfire