Home
Posted By: Swampman1 Info For Sharps - 12/10/11
Bought a Pedersoli Sharps Model 1874 .45/70 Cavalry Carbine today for about 1/2 price. Very tickled! Are there any good sources for info on it.
Posted By: sharpsguy Re: Info For Sharps - 12/10/11
What you see is what you get. It is what it is...
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Info For Sharps - 12/10/11
Originally Posted by Swampman1
Bought a Pedersoli Sharps Model 1874 .45/70 Cavalry Carbine today for about 1/2 price. Very tickled! Are there any good sources for info on it.
Like, what sort of info do you want? I've owned two Pedersoli 1874 Sharps, both long-range rifles as opposed to carbines. IMO, they are a big step up from the old Italian replicas which don't look much like an 1874, looking more like a conversion gun or an 1859 or '63, etc. I owned two or three of those too.

http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php?board=77.0
Posted By: Swampman1 Re: Info For Sharps - 12/10/11
This one is marked Navy Arms. I was looking for reviews or test reports.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Info For Sharps - 12/10/11
The link I gave you is a good one and will probably serve you better than test reports. I know you're a tightwad, but Mike Venturino's book Shooting Buffalo Rifles of the Old West, will have loads of good info.

As far as I know, regarding Navy Arms, one Pedersoli is as good as another. I wasn't aware Navy Arms had ever imported the Pedersoli 1874.
Posted By: Swampman1 Re: Info For Sharps - 12/10/11
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Info For Sharps - 12/11/11
Nice. Nice Green River knife too. Did you already load up the 45-70's? Have you got a canoe, pirogue, what?
Posted By: Swampman1 Re: Info For Sharps - 12/11/11
I'm all set up for loading the Sharps but I haven't shot it yet. That paddle is from the 1930s we canoe the Black Water River. I want to build a pirogue next summer.
Posted By: Shortgrub Re: Info For Sharps - 12/11/11
I use Trail Boss for my lighter 45/70 loads. 300 grainer in front of 14 grains of TB powder. For fun try slowly dropping Goex 2f Black powder in and compress, then top off with a 405 grain black powder lubed bullet. Make sure there is NO air space between the powder and base of the bullet. Take a good stance and see what the Calvary load was like. Impressive. It's a blast.

Shortgrub
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: Info For Sharps - 02/12/12
I'm all set up for loading the Sharps but I haven't shot it yet. blush blush blush blush blush That paddle is from the 1930s we canoe the Black Water River. I want to build a pirogue next summer.
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: Info For Sharps - 02/12/12
must be awesome , to be smart enough to cram 40 years of BPCR loading / shooting into 3 months.

You're obviously Super-Human ?

More like Super [bleep]' deluded,and chit house rat crazy,... my guess.

GTC

Posted By: Swampman1 Re: Info For Sharps - 02/12/12
Nobody but you said anything about 40 years of BPCR experience. I've shot it now. Did you have a point? No? I'm not suprised. Jackass!

You are really [bleep] stupid.
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: Info For Sharps - 02/13/12
Stupid is as stupid writes,.....

not my department, jack wad.

You're really "Out there", .....aren't you ?

I'd say chit house rat crazy was good syntax, well applied.

GTC
Posted By: Swampman1 Re: Info For Sharps - 03/11/12
It is turning into my favorite rifle. Highly accurate and easy to carry.
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: Info For Sharps - 03/16/12
It is turning into my favorite rifle. Highly accurate and easy to carry.
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Posted By: Swampman1 Re: Info For Sharps - 03/16/12
It's easy to hit clay pigeons at 100 yards offhand. It's gonna be a great deer rifle.
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: Info For Sharps - 04/09/12

Become an "Ex-Spurt"

Coupla' weeks max, for a guy like yerself
Posted By: Swampman700 Re: Info For Sharps - 04/10/12
It didn't take that long. A Google search covered everything about the Pedersoli Sharps 1874 .45-70 Carbine there is to know.
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: Info For Sharps - 04/10/12
So, you and "Swampman1" PM one another a lot ?

Fascinating,....Bet that's an interesting dialogue.

GTC

Posted By: Swampman700 Re: Info For Sharps - 04/10/12
At least it's an intellegent dialogue. Something you'll never have with anyone.
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: Info For Sharps - 04/11/12
Gee I thought "1" was talking trash about "700" the other day...wonder where that was...
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Info For Sharps - 04/11/12
Thats funny LOL.

Gunner
© 24hourcampfire