Home
Posted By: pacecars Interesting Sharps - 07/02/15
Did anyone see this one on gunbroker? It is a unique looking gun that I guess is an original action and barrel with new Shiloh wood. I would love to have one built like it

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=491106667
Posted By: Borchardt Re: Interesting Sharps - 08/15/15
Gemmer Sharps
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: Interesting Sharps - 08/15/15
Bit of a mongrel, that.

The Gemmer was a HUNTING rifle, and the mods Gemmer offered for the '74 intended specifically for that task.

I don't think he'd be to tickled at what's happened to his work.

No flame on the good folks in Big Timber,...they build what folks want.

That thing looks like a grizzled old Hivernan jumped in bed with a fancy London Heiress, and the result's a strange kid.

GTC
Posted By: EvilTwin Re: Interesting Sharps - 08/15/15
Conversion. Thick lock plate and the screw at bottom of rt. side lock plate is the screw that plugs the old pellet reservoir. Bridgeport barrel and cartouche. Lawrence rear sight. Gemmer style.
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: Interesting Sharps - 08/16/15
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

That thing looks like a grizzled old Hivernan jumped in bed with a fancy London Heiress, and the result's a strange kid.

grin ROR!

mind if I borrow that for a sig line? grin
Posted By: EvilTwin Re: Interesting Sharps - 08/16/15
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

grin ROR!

mind if I borrow that for a sig line? grin

grin Cross has an obtuse way of describing HIS (mis)adventures!!! grin
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: Interesting Sharps - 08/16/15
who wuz the fancy heiress? inquiring minds wanna know...

grin
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: Interesting Sharps - 08/16/15
Been shagging Teresa Hienz Kerry. While that idiot husband of hers is off screwing everything up, I've been scr*win' her.

Somewhere off in the distance, one hears Tony Bennet singin', "Just a Gigolo", in a piano bar,...out in the parking lot, neon light glistens off the tail fins of real American cars,....

GTC
© 24hourcampfire