Home
Posted By: LoadClear LONG Scabbards - 06/23/17
Any one know who makes a long scabbard (cover the butt) of a 53-54" Sharps? I'm not interested in the soft frilly ones, but a no kidding, throw it on a UTV, 9 miles to the cabin / toss behind the seat of a pickup truck scabbard? I've done quite a bit of looking online, and can only find the decorative ones, or ones that don't cover the full stock. It's a 34" barrel Sharps (replica) roughly 53-54" long total- tang sight and front hood. I looked at a case, but the only one I could find was aluminum (no prob there) but too bulky to fit in the cab of the truck.
Posted By: Ranch13 Re: LONG Scabbards - 06/23/17
You might want to visit with Wes at http://www.7xleather.com about building you a hooded saddle scabbard.
Posted By: 44mc Re: LONG Scabbards - 06/23/17
goggel levergun leather works he dose costom work
Posted By: 1minute Re: LONG Scabbards - 06/24/17
Any saddle makers up there?
Posted By: LoadClear Re: LONG Scabbards - 06/24/17
Thanks guys.

7X is busy, only doing chest holsters right now.

Levergun lever is a real possibility, thank you.

1munute, there a a few leathersmiths up here but he only one I'm acquainted with (Diamond D) is too busy with regular orders to take up custom work.
Posted By: Ranch13 Re: LONG Scabbards - 06/26/17
Well ok then, if Wes thinks he's to busy, have you looked at the scabbards from Jeffsoutfitters.com
Posted By: McClura Re: LONG Scabbards - 09/09/17
You can call this person. I have known him for many years and he has made holsters, back quivers and side quivers to my specifications. He also made a scabbard or two. I'm going to get one from him for my Sharps as soon as his work load slows down. He is grinding many hours a day with all of the traditional archery events going on and hunting season coming. He builds arm guards, quivers and many other items for some big name archery companies. He is knee deep into building leather goods for many reinactment groups , cowboy action and civil war.
His name is KC Kreger, Traditions Leathercraft. If he needs a pattern for a sharps, I can take him mine. I live about 30 min. from his shop or home. Just tell KC, if you talk with him, Mike from the Oklahoma Selfbow Society, that shoots muzzleloader competition told you about his business.
Mike
Traditions Leathercraft
© 24hourcampfire