Home
Posted By: centershot Half-Pint Sharps? - 12/28/18
Not sure if this is the right place to ask about these? Anyway - anyone have experience with a Half-Pint Sharps? A local shop has one in 22 mag, (not real interested in that) but it sparked an interest and an internet investigation. I see where Taylor Sharps makes the Half Pint in a few calibers. 44-40, 30-30, 45 Colt as well as a couple rimfires and 22 Hornet. I think that a 44-40 or 45 Colt would be more fun than a barrel of monkeys dinging steel targets at 100-200 yards. And maybe even a deer shooter at fairly close range. So I am curious if anyone has played with one enough to have formulated an opinion. Thanks.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Half-Pint Sharps? - 12/31/18
Not at all knowledgeable about the quality of Chiappa firearms, but that little Sharps looks great! One in 30-30 would be a hoot. 22 Hornet, 45 Colt, more of the same.

I’m a sucker for light weight and handy rifles. Especially a unique little single shot like that.
Posted By: Ranch13 Re: Half-Pint Sharps? - 12/31/18
Taylors only imports those from what ever manufacturer gives them the best price to put the taylors logo on the gun.
Most reports coming back from folks that have bought them , are the quality is not really good, and they are a bit hard for adults to handle well do to the reduced size.
Posted By: T_O_M Re: Half-Pint Sharps? - 12/31/18
I've heard mixed reports on the Chiappa gun. The two people locally that I know who have owned them said they were pretty on the outside, pretty rough inside.

Pedersoli catalogs one. I'd try to go that route if I were buying.

Tom
Posted By: Just a Hunter Re: Half-Pint Sharps? - 01/03/19
Little Sharps out of Big Sandy, MT used to make them. I think they were the originals. They may still make them. They were every bit as nice as full size ones from Shilo Sharps.
© 24hourcampfire