Home
Posted By: dye7barrel Creative Switch Locations - 10/01/20
Looking to add two switches to for front and rear lights to a 2018 1500 Silverado. Dash is fairly full with brake controller and other factory switches. Curious to see if the 'fire has creative solutions to mount a couple rocker switches. Default is beneath the dash.

Thanks,
Posted By: cwh2 Re: Creative Switch Locations - 10/02/20
Depending on how your seating is set up, in front of your left knee works well. I have winch switches there in my off-road truck, and was concerned about bumping them accidentally but it has not been a problem.
Posted By: K1500 Re: Creative Switch Locations - 10/02/20
How often will you use them and how frequently? Inside the console may be a viable location, but not for something you want to toggle on and off several times a day every day.
Originally Posted by K1500
How often will you use them and how frequently? Inside the console may be a viable location, but not for something you want to toggle on and off several times a day every day.

Infrequent use. Maybe once a month in the dark winter months. I've got a 60/40 split seat in the front so routing wires to the fold down center console may be tough.
Dash does not have blank space savers for upfitter switches?
Ceiling console with spare switches may be an option.
Buy rocker switches and mount them inside your glove box
George
front door post has room for lottsa switches....
Posted By: KRAKMT Re: Creative Switch Locations - 10/18/20
Looks like these blank the over head cubby.
https://sinisterdiesel.com/i-240833...SjZa97AIVxBx9Ch3U1wjXEAQYAiABEgJsQfD_BwE

I was considering adding an elocker and looking for place to mount the switch.
The other option would be the a pillar.
My Dodge has a stick shift. I needed 2 switches, aux backup lights and trailer hookup camera. I used toggle switches hanging under the dash in front of the shift lever.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
© 24hourcampfire