Home
Posted By: 10gaugemag Jumper cable ends? - 02/25/21
Who builds some of the best jumper cable ends?

I found a 20' set on the interstate but the ends had been ran over, wanting to replace them. Good heavy cables too.
Posted By: EdM Re: Jumper cable ends? - 02/25/21
Mine, put together 30+ years ago, have #43 Mueller Electric Company ends and Excal #2 Excelene welding cables. Hell for stout.
Posted By: Heeler Re: Jumper cable ends? - 02/25/21
Probably NAPA. The one in Belton is good and they’ll install also.
Posted By: baldhunter Re: Jumper cable ends? - 02/25/21
Probably cost more to replace the clamps than a new set of cables cost.
Posted By: 44mc Re: Jumper cable ends? - 02/26/21
small welding ground clamps are good . just paint red and black . i use that setup on 24v machines
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Jumper cable ends? - 02/26/21
Originally Posted by Heeler
Probably NAPA. The one in Belton is good and they’ll install also.

May run over there and give em a whirl.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Jumper cable ends? - 02/26/21
Originally Posted by baldhunter
Totally true. Depending on the gauge, a set of cables will run maybe $25 to $40. 2 pairs of good clamps will run that much or more. OTOH, I'm one of those who hates to throw good stuff away...and my shop shows it.
Good 20' 2/0 cables are gonna set you back more than 2 pairs of clamps.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by baldhunter
Totally true. Depending on the gauge, a set of cables will run maybe $25 to $40.

And you are still stuck with cheap ass clamps.

$40 cables ain't much, usually copper coated aluminum.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Jumper cable ends? - 02/26/21
Just looked at an old order and I paid $70 for a 25' set of 0 gauge cables. Big heavy clamps, flexible in the cold, etc.. pretty nice set.

They are great for jumping the occasional tractor. Engines spin over way faster compared to the lighter gauge stuff.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Just looked at an old order and I paid $70 for a 25' set of 0 gauge cables. Big heavy clamps, flexible in the cold, etc.. pretty nice set.

They are great for jumping the occasional tractor. Engines spin over way faster compared to the lighter gauge stuff.

Any idea on a brand?
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Jumper cable ends? - 02/27/21
Currently unavailable...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06VXW5B32/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These appear to be possibly decent.

https://www.amazon.com/Heavy-Jumper...dp_prsubs_1?pd_rd_i=B08538BJXC&psc=1
Posted By: kingston Re: Jumper cable ends? - 02/27/21
The Deka ones used to be good and made in USA. I don't know if they are anymore. I looked for a NOS set on Ebay for you, but didn't see any. The 1000 amp solid copper parrot style were the créme de la créme.

Posted By: kingston Re: Jumper cable ends? - 02/27/21
Like these.

https://allbatterysalesandservice.com/quickcable-900-amp-solid-copper-booster-parrot-clamps-602070
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: Jumper cable ends? - 02/27/21
Cheap welders often have jumper style clamps on them..
Posted By: gsganzer Re: Jumper cable ends? - 02/28/21

If you start getting into $70- $100 bucks, you might be better off buying a jump starter pack. I carry a NOCO GB150 in my service truck. Money well spent, but they even have some good ones for a lot less.

Jump starter review and testing
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Jumper cable ends? - 02/28/21
I lost track of them, I made up a pair, one red, one black, heavy welder cable. I think they cracked all up.
Originally Posted by gsganzer

If you start getting into $70- $100 bucks, you might be better off buying a jump starter pack. I carry a NOCO GB150 in my service truck. Money well spent, but they even have some good ones for a lot less.

The other benefit of a jump pack is you don't have to wrestle with getting the jump vehicles lined up for the cables to reach. Jumping a car on the side of the highway or parking lot, tractor in the barn or boat at the boat ramp are all easy with a jump pack. Plus you have a backup power supply and/or light during an emergency. I actually used mine during our TX power outage to charge cell phones.
Originally Posted by gsganzer

The other benefit of a jump pack is you don't have to wrestle with getting the jump vehicles lined up for the cables to reach. Jumping a car on the side of the highway or parking lot, tractor in the barn or boat at the boat ramp are all easy with a jump pack. Plus you have a backup power supply and/or light during an emergency. I actually used mine during our TX power outage to charge cell phones.
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Jumper cable ends? - 02/28/21
Been looking at the jump packs. Probably buy one of those as well.

Advantages and disadvantages to both.
Posted By: BluMtn Re: Jumper cable ends? - 03/16/21
I built my cables and they have SB connectors in between that I can unplug and add an extension in, also run the NAPA connectors. I can pull in front of a vehicle and run my cables from my batteries to the back of my pickup and hook onto the other vehicles batteries and start them. No turning around on a highway or were ever to jump them. Made from heavy gauge welding cable.
© 24hourcampfire